Monday, December 17, 2012

There's a New Vodka in Town

The holidays are once again upon us and much like everyone else I'm spending a lot of time shopping, baking, decorating and attending many holiday parties (on top of my regular schedule as well).

When it comes to buying gifts for co-workers, neighbors, the mailman, etc., not to mention the insane amount of parties that need to be attended, there's only a certain type of gift reserved for those times. My list usually consists of gift baskets, something from Bath & Body Works and of course alcohol.

There are a gazillion choices of alcohol today, not to mention all the many new flavors that come with each kind as well. Now I'm a vodka drinker, but I have to admit I get sick of certain flavors. They just get "old". So I've been on the hunt for something new and different that people will definitely thank me for.

Luckily, I was contacted by the new vodka in town, ODDKA Vodka.


What is ODDKA Vodka you ask?

ODDKA is the new kid on the block, recently launched by Pernod Ricod, a premium wine and spirits company. It is currently available in Alabama, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania and Rhode Island, and will be expanding its national and global distribution in spring of 2013. Luckily, I live in Pennsylvania and had the pleasure of seeing this new vodka proudly displayed at my local liquor store.

Let me tell you what stuck out about this brand: plain and simple, it's the five unconventional flavors. Let me repeat, unconventional flavors. Everyone has cherry, grape, whipped, chocolate, you name it. I'm looking for something different, something that's going to stand out. That's why this is definitely the brand for me.

What are these unconventional flavors?

Apple Pie: For when you desperate yearn for the sweet taste of apples and cinnamon and can’t get one of grandma’s apple pies. Mixes best with Fanta, Coke or Ginger Ale. 
Electricity: A bolt of lightning in a bottle—but safer; tickling taste buds and sparking curiosity everywhere. 
Fresh Cut Grass: Nothing beats this home-mown taste; it’s crisp, citrusy, sweet and refreshing. Mixes best with Dr. Pepper, Ginger Beer or Soda Water. 
Salty Caramel Popcorn: If ODDKA were a movie, this flavor would be a caramel comedy with a sea salt subplot and a warm, feel-good ending. Mixes best with Fanta, Ginger Ale, Coke or Iced Tea. 
Wasabi: This tribute to the spicy burn of the sharp Asian condiment will satisfy your craving for something fiery. Mixes best with Ginger Ale and is perfect for a Bloody Mary.

How awesome do those sound? Well I had the pleasure of purchasing the apple pie flavor this weekend to take with me to a holiday party. It was an immediate hit, everyone was asking me what this deliciousness was. I told them it was my new vodka of choice, ODDKA. I mixed it with Ginger Ale or Sprite, and it was like I was literally drinking an apple pie. Amazing.

And what would a new vodka brand be without a spokesman? The voice and inspiration of the ODDKA brand is Wit Oddoski, a virtual character in the real world. Wit was born as a 2-D line drawing, a rare condition that leads him to view the world a bit differently than others.


So when you're considering what to bring to that holiday party or what your co-worker might like for Christmas, you should definitely turn to ODDKA. My next purchase will be the Salty Caramel Popcorn.







To learn more about ODDKA and Wit’s adventures, “Like” ODDKA Vodka on Facebook or follow Wit on Twitter at @WitOddoski.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Oddka.







♥ Erin

2 comments:

Amber said...

Apple pie vodka?! Yes please!!!

Robin said...

Whattt!? Such interesting flavors. Apple Pie definitely sounds perfect for the holidays. I love the smell of fresh cut grass, couldn't imagine drinking it!