Thursday, December 20, 2012

Holiday Proofing Your Home

Today, I wanted to share with you all of my favorite holiday decorating ideas via the best source to find such things, Pinterest. My busiest board right now is my All Things Holidays board. I'm constantly finding new decorating ideas and DIY projects to help me get my house ready for the season.

To start, I don't like traditional wreaths. These two really caught my eye, but ornament wreaths are absolutely my fave!




As far as decorating in the home, I like things bold but simple.


Source: houzz.com via Erin on Pinterest


Source: womansday.com via Erin on Pinterest


I was never a fan of white trees, but this one was done so tastefully. It's really stunning.



Lights don't have to be your only source of decorating outside. Oversized ornaments are great for trees that are way too big to put lights on.



A star is always a great, traditional topper. However, having your family initial stand at the top is really great especially for newlyweds and/or new homeowners.


I just loved this ornament idea!



As you can tell, I'm a sucker for decorating with ornaments. Hanging a bunch at the bottom of a chandelier is classic and elegant.



I wish I had the time to make these DIY decorations.


Source: roomzaar.com via Erin on Pinterest




Source: curbly.com via Erin on Pinterest


No holiday is complete without his and her shot glasses.


And finally, two of my favorite table decorations.







What are some of your favorite holiday decorations?

Want to see more holiday pins and more?

Make sure you're following me on Pinterest.










♥ Erin

1 comment:

Kristen said...

i love the white tree and the ornaments on the outdoor tree,so cute! now i just need a house to decorate!