Thursday, November 15, 2012

Saw it. Pinned it. Did it: Oven Tacos


I know I've really been bombarding you guys with Pinterest re-creations lately, but I just can't help it!
I'm on a roll.
So I when I saw this super cute linkup from 2 of my favorite bloggers, I just had to join up!

You know there are things you pin and are like, "ok, I'll make that someday" and then there are pins that you're like, "I need to make that like tomorrow"! Well that's how I felt about this pin.

Oven Tacos



In case you don't know, I have a serious weakness for Mexican food. And I absolutely love to make it. It's become my specialty.

Ingredients:

2 lbs ground beef (or turkey/chicken)
1 small onion diced
1 small can diced green chilies
1 recipe for homemade taco seasoning (below)
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (16 ounce) can fat free refried beans
2 cups shredded reduced fat Colby-jack cheese
18-20 hard taco shells

Optional Condiments:
Lettuce (shredded)
Tomato (diced)
Salsa
Guacamole
Sour Cream
Olives, sliced 

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. 

In a large skillet brown ground beef and onion over medium-high heat. Drain off any excess liquid. Return to pan, add chilies, refried beans, tomato sauce, and taco seasoning. Mix well and cook for a few minutes if mixture seems runny.

Spoon the taco meat mixture into the taco shells and place into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish, standing up. Sprinkle cheese over the top of the taco meat in each shell. Place into the oven and bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the tacos are heated through.
Remove from the oven and top with any optional condiments for serving.

Taco Seasoning
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
*or, you can just buy a taco seasoning packet

Here's how they turned out for me!

Before bake

After bake
They were delish! I'd prob tweak just a few things about them, but I feel this will be a staple meal in our house from now on!

I know most of you love Pinterest, so make sure you link up with Katie @ Keep Calm  & Carry On and Stephanie @ Beautiful Mess!

And if you don't already, you totes need to be following me on Pinterest.

What have you pinned and recreated recently?










♥ Erin

12 comments:

Christina said...

Looks good...I will definitely have to try. Thanks for posting!

Neely said...

Look at you susie homemaker :)

Pamela said...

oooh, I HAVE to make these! I LOVE Mexican food too! Serious weakness!

Katie said...

Love love love!!! We are obsessed with tacos. Lets not talk about how often we make them.

Katie said...

Ps thank you for linking up!!

J and A said...

My hubby LOVES tacos! Must try this!!

Angela said...

Yummmm! Looks so good!

Stephanie said...

Holy yum...I'm coming over for dinner. Kool? ;)

Thanks so much for linking up with us this week!! xoxo

Leanna Vera said...

This looks delicious! I'm going to make this the next time my friends and I get together!

Kristen said...

looks good sister!

Molly said...

These look amazing. I am always looking for new ways to eat more Mexican food. I think these will definitely do the trick =)

Molly said...

These look amazing. I am always looking for new ways to eat more Mexican food. I think these will definitely do the trick =)