Monday, October 29, 2012

My Frankenstorm Survival Kit

I want to preface this post by saying, I'm probably going to be MIA this week considering we're in a state of emergency until who knows when.
I have tons of posts for you to read, but considering there might be 50 million of us without power for a week, I'll save them for later.
Try not to miss me too much!

If you live on the eastern seaboard, most likely you're dealing with this...

How hysterical is this graphic?
Classic.



But seriously, all joking aside.

Help me.
Those graphics are cute, but this is what Sandy really looks like:


You can't even see us!

Since I'll probably be hunkered down the next couple of days, praying that there's power, I put together a little Frankenstorm survival kit I'd like to share with you.


My iPad - it's fully charged and ready to go with movies for when the power goes out. I put on some Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Twilight and Dark Knight.


 Rain Boots - in case I have to venture out for any reason.

Flashlight - so I don't run into a wall trying to go to the bathroom.


The Big Bang Theory Game - to play in the daylight while we're without power. My sister and I are psyched for this.


Books - I would love to start this bad boy. I need to finish my current book, but then I'm ready to start The Twelve.


Vodka - this storm may drive me to drink.


6 lb. bag of Gummy Bears - the largest bag you can get at BJ's for under $5.

Grill - when you can't use your stove, oven or microwave, your grill becomes your new BFF. You'll even be able to heat up soup! Just don't get blown away in the process and don't forget to fill your propane!

So, what's in your hurricane survival kit??

If you're on the east coat please be safe during this weather. Stay put and be careful!
I'll keep you all posted via twitter and/or facebook so make sure you follow!!









♥ Erin

12 comments:

Jess @ Pretty Physicist said...

Be safe! I'm almost directly under that circle for 2 AM Wednesday.

I got that TBBT game for Christmas, and I loved it! Its HARD! The questions ask for some serious details ...

Cole said...

I'm with you! My power is already flickering... *sigh* and the power company keeps texting me to warn that once we lose power to expect is to be out for 2-7 days or more. Be safe!

Frances @ It's Sew My Style said...

I hope you're all safe with this storm. I'v been through more hurricanes than I can remember. Your survival kit sounds awesome. Also, if you haven't already, you should fill your bathtub with water. I'm not 100% sure what this is for, but my mom always made us do it when we were under hurricane warnings. Good luck and stay safe!

Veronika said...

ALL my love & prayers are with you & everyone you love, Honey! Be safe & FINGERS CROSSED…this nightmare is all over real soon! Looks like you're all set though! =) As long as no one is hurt…this could even be fun! =) Love you. Please keep us posted! XO

Neely said...

Be safe friend!!

Lindsay said...

Stay safe and try to keep us all posted!

Jamie said...

I used to like storms because they were another excuse for BBQ and over drinking but now I am pregnant. Not so fun anymore.

Wendy said...

I started the twelve and it's awesome! A little different from the passage but still good :)

You should totally mix the vodka and gummy bears...yummy.

xo kelsey said...

The vodka & gummy bears are REALLY all you need ;) hehehe BE SAFE PLEASE!!!!
xoxoxo

Vicki said...

Be safe! As I type this I am listening to the howling wind and rain that Sandy has sent our way :(

Kristen said...

aaaaaaaaaaaagh! i'm crossing my fingers for you girl!! you and i could def be stuff in a storm shelter somewhere, i'd pack the same ish! plus maybe some polish.

that sandy image at the top is freaking hilarious, i'm still LOLing

Melanie said...

Love, love, love this! My survival kit wasn't nearly as robust, but it helped us get through everything. We didn't lose power or have any damage...thank goodness! I hope you guys were okay!!