Friday, September 28, 2012

Prequels, Sequels and Current Series...oh my!

Cassandra Clare is one busy lady. 
She started with a series of 3 books, expanded to 6.
Then to make it even more fun, she started a prequel and sequel series.
*Awkward giggle

Unfortunately for me, I've become hooked on these books and they are taking over my life.

Let's start from the beginning.

A couple years ago I read The Mortal Instruments Series which at that time consisted of 3 books.

City of Bones
City Ashes
City of Glass


I loved them. They helped me get over my Twilight hangover. Then I forgot about them because I thought that was it. Pssshhhhtt. I was wrong.

She started a prequel trilogy, The Infernal Devices.
AND decided to release 3 more books in The Mortal Instruments Series.
And start a sequel series. 

So where am I right now?
Have I lost you yet?

So it's been at least 2 years since I read The Mortal Instruments books. I did what any girl would do. I looked them up on Wikipedia and reacquainted myself with them. Then I read City of Fallen Angels (book 4).


I currently finished Clockwork Angel and Clockwork Prince (book 1 and 2 of the prequel trilogy), which I loved and now have to wait until March 2013 to read the third book, Clockwork Princess. As prequels they have roped me in just as the original series did with action, romance and drama.

My next step? I'm going back to The Mortal Instruments to read City of Lost Souls (book 5) and then patiently wait for the final book to come out in 2014.

If you're wondering, all this bouncing around between series does confuse me. She does intertwine characters from each series in and out of all of them. It's maddening and totally worth it.

Luckily, I have until 2015 when the sequel trilogy comes out. 

Oh and guess what? They're making them into movies. City of Bones is due out August 2013 starring Lily Collins.

Have you read anything in this series?

What are your thoughts on all this jumping around?









♥ Erin

3 comments:

Wendy said...

So, how would you recommend reading them? Like in what order? Read them in the order the came out? Or should I read the prequel first...since it's probably where everything gets started??? You know I love me some books and some vampires!!! :)

tara said...

i've read books 1-4 and i'm waiting on book 5 from the library. unfortunately, there are also 100 other people on the waiting list too! should i wait to read clockwork angel until i finish book 5?

Kristen said...

i'll add them to my list!