Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Me, Myself & I Link Up Party


I'm linking up again with:

I am so excited for this month's questions! Ready?

 1) When you're feeling down, what do you do to pick yourself up?

It really depends on how down I am. Sometimes I really just need to be alone, blow off some steam and get my mind off things. I usually do that by surfing the internet, reading or just watching tv. I'll also turn on funny shows to help, but I have been known to watch a depressing Lifetime movie to make myself feel better. No one has it as bad as those Lifetime movies!


2)  If you had to live in a different time period which would you prefer?

I have always thought I belonged in a different time period. I'm so torn between a few time periods in history. One would definitely be early 1900s. I've always wanted to dress just like Kate Winslet in Titanic.


I would have also loved to live in the 1930s and 1940s. I know we were in the middle of WWII, but it is a time period I've always been interested in. Being able to see a country come together to defeat a dictator would be amazing. I probably would have joined the Army Nurse Corps and traveled the world (that is because I've seen Pearl Harbor and In Love and War too many times).



Finally, even though I think I'd have a hard time being married off to some older royal (because of course I'd be the daughter of a duke or something), I would have loved to live in the Elizabethan Era. If not for the fashion alone, for the art and literature! Plus I'd have a British accent and that would be awesome.


3)  What is the most creative Halloween costume you've ever worn?

I don't really remember to be honest with you. Even when I was little, I was always something very popular. I was never unique. However, my mom didn't let me buy a prepackaged costume every year so sometimes I had to make do with what I could find around my house. I remember putting together a hippie and a rockstar costume together all on my own. Thank goodness I have no idea where those pictures are right now.

4)  Five weird things about you we wouldn't know without being told?

I don't eat beans. I love chili and Mexican food, but I hate beans. My mom used to make me a separate pot of chili sans beans.

I can't snap with either hand. 

I read magazines from the back to the front.

I love scary movies, haunted houses and all things scary, but I worry it will give me nightmares.

I can touch my tongue to my nose.

5)  What would you tell your 16-year-old self?

Work harder in school!! I didn't apply myself in high school. I was a total social butterfly. I didn't start really caring about school until college.

I didn't get into too much trouble in high school so I'll let my 16 year old self have her fun. There of course were a few questionable boys that I wish I would have stayed away from. However, they shall remain nameless.









♥ Erin

6 comments:

Veronica Lee Burns said...

mm the Elizabethan era has some gorgeous gowns!

Ashley said...

Kate Winslet totally rocks that look! It would be fun for sure.
new here from the hop
ash

Amber said...

I would've LOVED to have lived in the 40s!

SimplyHeather said...

I read magazines from back to front!! (: and like the adds in the newspapers and menus at restaurants. Things like that. I thought I was just weird. Haha

Hope you're doing good!! xox!


http://heatherfrostx.blogspot.com/

Kristen said...

i'm right there w you on those eras! life would be so hard, but cool to experience

Kiley said...

I love horror movies, they are my favorite! no one ever likes them like I do. so glad you are just as crazy as me. ;)

<3