Thursday, July 12, 2012

Love List: Mascara

My name is Erin and I am a mascara addict.
When I started this post, I thought I'd just talk about a couple of the mascaras that I use on a daily basis and that would be that.
WRONG!
I have 10 mascaras that I rotate depending on the day or event. Yep, I said 10.

So here are my 10 wonderful mascara loves and how they are best used. Enjoy!

 

 1) Victoria's Secret Voluptuous Volume
I use this as an every day mascara
2) Cover Girl LashBlast Length
This is the mascara I use when I don't want people to know I have on mascara. It's also great to mix with volumizing mascaras to add some length. I'll use this as my day mascara and it will turn into a good base for a better mascara at night.
3) Fresh Magic Wands Mini Mascara Duo - Supernova & Firebird
I got these in a swap and fell in love immediately. The Supernova creates a super black base and volumizing lift and the Firebird has a feathering effect. When used together my lashes look amazing. Definitely for a night out.
4) elf Lengthening and Volumizing
Probably the best, cheapest mascara I own. It was $3 and does wonders. It's a really good every day mascara as well.      


5) Maybelline Mega Plush Volume Express
I just recently bought this mascara and could not have been happier. It's gel based, but not waterproof so it comes off easy with makeup remover or soap. However, I went in the pool with it on and it never ran. I was shocked and impressed. The brush is flexible and my lashes are long and thick. Great for day or night.
6) Maybelline Illegal Length
    I only use this product once in a while. I like how it looks because it really separates my lashes, but you CANNOT put on more than one layer. It will clump and flake and cause a whole mess (trust me I know). It's kind of a pain, but a good day or night look.
7) Maybelline Colossal Volume Express
This was my first real mascara love and I can't get rid of it. It's my first go-to mascara. Lashes are long and defined, but not super thick. Great for work or play.
8) L'Oreal Double Extend Eye Illuminator
Perfect for a night on the town or out at a club. I use this when I'm really getting dolled up. There is glitter in the mascara that enhances your eyes and shadow. However, sometimes it reflects lights into your eyes and makes you see dots (seriously). Also, the base mascara isn't fantastic, but it does its job.   


9) L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen
Best length and volume mascara I own. Your lashes really stand out with this product.
10) L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes
A slightly toned down version of the Extra Volume Collagen line. Still really good, but not as thick or long as #9.

There you have it, my mascara repertoire.
I'm always on the look out for new products, but if you have a mascara you love that you think I should try please let me know!   

What are your everyday mascaras?




Want to win a $25 gift card to Sephora to buy more mascara? Make sure you check out Pink on the Cheek's 300 follower giveaway. She's giving away 30 things from 30 different bloggers to one lucky person! I'm not kidding.

You can win an Erin Condren planner,
gift cards to Starbucks and Target,
ad space,
jewelry,
art,
and I've sponsored a $25 gift card to Sephora!!

You should really enter because it's epic. Do it.












♥ Erin

10 comments:

Krystal said...

ummmm TEN mascaras?! I sometimes forget to wear one daily. LOL

Hannah said...

Thank you Thank you! I have the hardest time with makeup, especially mascara! Where can I get The Magic Wands? I'm gonna get the gel based one!!

Amber said...

Oh I LOVE colossal volume! I'm currently using Falsies and love it too!

Lyndsy said...

L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen is my fave. i keep trying new things and i keep coming back to it. the best!

tara said...

i keep a ton of mascara in my makeup bag too! i LOVE maybelline colossal and use that the most though!

Whitney @ Everything Happens For a Reason said...

My faves are Lash Injection by Too Faced and Bad Gal Lash by Benefit, but both are around $20 each. Well worth it! My fave drug store brand? Rimmel.

Kristine said...

The first step is admitting you have a problem. :)

Chelsea said...

I've wanted to try that ELF mascara, but have been a little leery. I just may have to try it now though :) So glad I found your adorable blog!! I'm a new follower from Pink on the Cheek!

Kristen said...

dang sister! i just bought that maybelline aqua one, but i feel like it's so soft it doesn't really coat my lashes. i'm still undecided. and stupid me bought waterproof. fail.

Nicholl Vincent said...

Since I'm looking for a new mascara, I just fell in love.

come say hello over at nichollvincent.blogspot.com

Have an amazing week!