Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Look for Less

I have expensive taste. There, I said it.
But I am always on the look out for a good bargain. Buying clothes from Target is definitely not beneath me.
 I'm also not opposed to wearing something that's "last season". I mean, isn't that how stores like Marshalls, TJMaxx and Nordstroms Rack stay in business?
I am not a celebrity or a high fashion model. I don't care if I'm wearing something that Michael Kors came out with for Fall 2011. I want to look the best that I can for a reasonable price, plain and simple.
And of course, if I find a good deal, I'm going to pass it on.

Mint. The color of the summer. I feel like it's everywhere. Normally, I have an aversion to the color mint. Not its fault. 

Complete sidebar: When I was little, my favorite ice cream was mint chocolate chip (the green kind, not the white). I ate it all the time. Well I had a cold for a few days (and you know you're not supposed to eat milk products while you're sick). I think it was a week that I went without my favorite ice cream. Finally towards the end of my cold I begged my mom to have a bowl of it. I made a HUGE bowl and smothered it in chocolate syrup. 20 minutes later I threw it up on the kitchen floor. It was green with brown spots. Have not touched it since. True story.

 So, you can see my dismay when one of my least favorite colors becomes the "IT" color of summer. Turns out, mint and I do get along. I bought a pair of jeans and a shirt or two. And then I saw this:

Viscid Watch from Anthropologie
Also available in yellow, pink and orange.
I immediately fell in love and had to have it. Unfortunately, I've collected some really nice watches recently and wasn't inclined to spend another $58 on a watch. Pout.

Then I was at Target one day and I thought, they've gotta have a mint watch that's cheaper. Well they did and it was sold out online and in all stores in a 50 mile radius. Pout again.

One month later, I went online on a whim and BAM there it was! In stock and for the low, low price of $12.99.

Xhilaration Women's Round Bracelet Watch
And guess what? It's still available. You're welcome.

All is right with the world.
The color mint and I have a great relationship, however, the ice cream and I can never be the same.












♥ Erin

9 comments:

a displaced floridian said...

Obsessed!! Great find.

Michelle said...

Love it! I'm loving mint this summer and always buy when I see something in it!!

momFITtingitallin said...

Love the watch. I LOVE to shop to but have put myself on a budget boo

Stephanie said...

Oooo I LOVE that watch. Buying it right now. Thanks! :D

Chelsea said...

LOVE this watch! I've been obsessed with the Anthro version and haven't quite been able to pull the trigger. Now I have a good reason to do it on a lesser priced option!

Chelsea
www.hautechildinthecity.com

MostWhatMatters said...

I love mint! The color and ice cream! Stopping by to say hi from the meet and tweet. Your puppies are cute. I am your newest follower in all capacities! Check out my blog if you get a chance, Amber.

Kristen said...

i always check the colored watches out, but haven't bought any myself. i love this one, i've seen it around instagram and always love the look

Amber said...

I may now need a new watch :)

I tell you what, between this and my new obsession with the old navy shirts... it's a good thing J and I have separate checking accts... I am going to have a fabulous closet bc of your blog!
Love it!

Niki said...

I love that Anthropologie watch!!!