Thursday, June 7, 2012

Hottest Trend: Caviar Craze

The new nail craze is a caviar manicure.

I'm all about trying things once, but I have this feeling that the microbeads are going to fall off all the time and annoy me. I'll wake up and they'll be all over my pillow, they'll fall into my soup or my dogs will try and eat them off the floor. 

I think this is one trend I'm going to pass on for now, but I'm interested to know what you think. Is this a trend you're going to try? Do you think it's weird? Most importantly, do you think it's worth the price?

Ciate has three colors to choose from (shown above): rainbow, mother of pearl and black pearls. Each kit will run you $25 (available at Sephora). If this trend takes off, it's only a matter of time before everyone offers it, and I assume the price will drop dramatically.


Don't want to spend $25? There are tons of DIY tutorials out there. All you need is your favorite nail color and microbeads. You can get them at Michael's. 

Recollections (left)
Martha Stewart (right)



Will you being joining the caviar craze?










♥ Erin

4 comments:

Kateaboo said...

It just seems a little too Capital for me, if you know what I mean. Haha.

Neely said...

I just cant get on board with this

Kristen said...

i'm totally skipping this, i'd pick it off so fast!

Leanna Vera said...

I have a friend that gave herself one of these manicures and it turned out great! I'm dying to try one of the DIY versions.