Thursday, May 24, 2012

Weekend Recap (a little late): A Wedding in OBX

So I'm finally feeling better! I think I just needed rest which was what I did. After a long traveling weekend of running around and not sleeping as much as I should, it finally caught up with me. At least I wasn't sick for the wedding, that would have been bad.

Anywho, for those of you who don't know, I was in the Outer Banks last weekend to see two very dear friends of mine get hitched. It was quite a reunion weekend because we got to spend it with all our VA friends. We were in one big beach house and it was awesome. Our house was the "groomsmen" house since all of our men were in the wedding party. It was nice to spend so much time with our friends that we don't get to see as much since we moved to PA. Two of the couples have babies under a year, so I soaked up as much baby time with them as I could!

Here's what our "down" time looked like:

We took pictures of the babies
Wore mustaches and sunglasses
Tried a very unsuccessful first beach experience for baby Evelyn (bottom left corner)
The wedding was at the NC Aquarium on Roanoke Island. So was the rehearsal dinner. So while the groomsmen were rehearsing, we got to play in the aquarium!

Pet the stingrays
Checked out all of the big fish

After the rehearsal dinner, it was time for the big day. The ceremony was outside with the reception spread throughout the aquarium. How unique!


The ceremony and reception

The one and only VA crew (minus the bride and groom)
And that folks was an awesome wedding weekend none of us are going to forget. Good time, good friends, good fun.

How was your weekend??













♥ Erin

2 comments:

Leanna Vera said...

Looks like it was a beautiful wedding...I love that they chose an aquarium for the venue!

Kristen said...

gorgeous!!