Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Product Review: Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser


I must say I've been pretty impressed with Maybelline lately. I'm not biased towards higher end makeup, but there are things that I just don't waste my money on. I'm usually even when it comes to makeup. I have the same amount as (what I like to call) "over the counter makeup" and high end. Lately though, I've just been buying more expensive products because they just work better. I'm always on the look out for new products from both ends, and if it interests me I'll at least try it. Most places let you return cosmetics if you don't like them anyway, so it's not like you're losing money.

I've picked up a few new products from Maybelline (stay tuned for more reviews) and so far I'm pretty happy with them. I was on the lookout for something under my eyes. The fact is, I don't get enough sleep and I get dark circles. I don't get puffiness, just dark circles. So I'm always spending time trying to remedy that situation when I'm applying makeup. I'm leaning to shelling out the dough for a permanent fix under eye treatment from Olay or Roc that I can apply every night, but for now I'm using this. 

I use this product as a base under my eyes before foundation and it is also a "treatment" concealer which means it's supposed to diminish the circles. I haven't quite noticed that, but I have permanently added this into my every day repertoire. After I've applied this product I cover it with my e.l.f. Eye Brightener and I'm ready for foundation.

My only complaint about the product is that you have to click the bottle to get the liquid to come up through the sponge. I've found that if I go a couple days without using it, the sponge tends to dry out and it's harder for the liquid to come up through it. So then you're clicking away and the next thing you know, there's product all over the place. So be careful.






**This product was purchased by me with my own funds. This post is not sponsored by any person or company. All reviews are my own opinions and thoughts of the products.**









♥ Erin

8 comments:

Neely said...

I always love your product reviews

Mrs. Williams {Persnickety Plates} said...

I have 2 of these - the neutralizer & the brightener. The neutralizer is better for me (I have olive undertones) but the brightener dries out my eye area. It's weird. I really like the Garnier Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller too, I use it before the neutralizer.

Whitney @ Everything Happens For a Reason said...

I've used this before. I've used too of them. I believe it was the neutralizer and the actual concealer. Like the commenter above, I use the Garnier Anti Dark Circle Eye Roller too.

ames said...

It's expensive but Dermalogica Under Eye Care is worth the $40 and it lasts forever. It's tinted, unscented and light. Also has SPF in it. I really like it.

Heather said...

omg! i love this stuff! i've been using it for about 6 months now. i have really dark circles under my eyes no matter how much i sleep. this is probably the best stuff i've used and i've tried a ton of stuff from expensive to cheap!

tara said...

I've heard great things about this stuff! I like a lot of maybelline products!

Amber said...

I got this too because my under eye circles are outta control! I love it too, it works so well and I love that it doesn't look caked on.

Kristen said...

i use this too! i love it, i just got all of my in-laws on it too!