Thursday, May 31, 2012

Les Mis is Coming to the Big Screen

I don't know how I JUST found out about this the other day. Usually I'm totally in the know with movies. I'm pretty disappointed in myself right now. Anyway, Les Miserables is finally making a legit big screen appearance. Les Mis is my second all time favorite musical behind Phantom of the Opera which had a pretty awesome big screen remake a few years ago (did not know Gerard Butler could sing). Check out the trailer below, I'm pretty impressed with the pipes on Anne Hathaway. She's really a jack of all trades.



Wow, I'm totally psyched now. The movie set to come out in December of this year and also features Hugh Jackman as Jean Valjean, Russell Crowe as Inspector Javert, Amanda Seyfried as Cosette, Eddie Redmayne as Marius and newcomer Samantha Barks as Eponine. It's directed by Tom Hooper who did "The King's Speech". Unlike most musicals, Hooper had the actors sing live on set instead of lip-sync and added during post-production in a studio. So they will sound raw and real instead of altered. I'm looking forward to it.

Are you looking forward to this movie?








♥ Erin

4 comments:

Whitney @ Everything Happens For a Reason said...

I kind of want to see this now!

Christina said...

My favorite Broadway show!!! Can't wait to see it on the big screen.

Kristen said...

i can't wait for this movie! i love anne hathaway, although i can't stand her "accents"

Leanna Vera said...

I am so excited for this movie! Have you seen the non-musical movie with Liam Neeson? It's one of my favorites!