Friday, May 4, 2012

It's that time of year again...Summer Movie Season Is Back!

Sorry for the lack of post yesterday folks. I got home from work on Wednesday with a really bad migraine. It was bad news bears. I just watched Revenge and went to bed. And trust me, it was painful to even do that.

Anyway, my favorite time of year for movies is upon us again and I must say I feel like the blockbuster movie season started earlier this year. It's probably because of The Hunger Games. The beginning of 2012 has already had some great movies come out.

I'm so excited for this summer's movies I can hardly contain myself. I will be racking up my Regal Rewards points like cray cray. So, here's my must see movie list of summer 2012.

May Releases

The Avengers
May 4
You guys know that I'm a comic book movie girl, thanks to the bf, and I am very excited to see the next installment of the Marvel series.

Dark Shadows
May 11
I have to admit that I didn't watch the original, but I'm always a fan of any Tim Burton/Johnny Depp combo.

Men In Black 3
May 25
I hope the third one doesn't disappoint, but I can't miss seeing the third installment of this series. Seeing Tommy Lee Jones in a comedic role is always fun.
June Releases

Snow White & the Huntsman
June 1
Very excited to see a darker version of this story since it's never been told. I hope Kristen Stewart acts better in this than she does in Twilight. Every preview I've seen though, she looks legit and almost reminds me of a young Madeleine Stowe. What do you think?
Prometheus
June 8
To be honest, I still don't know what this movie is actually about because the previews don't really tell you much. All I know is it's gotta be good since it's from the director of Alien. Can't go wrong with this one.
  

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
June 22
I have been meaning to read this book and I've only heard good things. I hope to read the book before the movie comes out.
Magic Mike
June 29
Umm, Channing Tatum playing a stripper. Need I say more?
July Releases

The Amazing Spiderman
July 3
At first I was against this because I loved the original series, but after seeing the preview I was hooked. I think this one is going to blow Toby Maguire out of the water.
Ted
July 13
A teddy bear that comes to life and has the voice of Peter from Family Guy, sold.

The Dark Knight Rises
July 20
I'm probably the most excited to see this movie out of them all. The new Batman's have been my favorite out of all the comic book remakes and I'm super depressed that this is the last one. Christian Bale is by far the best Batman ever.
August Releases

The Bourne Legacy
August 3
Another movie I was totally against at first until I saw the trailer. Once I knew they weren't replacing Matt Damon, just telling another story I was ok. Plus, I love Jeremy Renner.
Total Recall
August 3
I never saw the original, but now I guess I'm going to have to. This is definitely one of those remakes that has to be good because the technology now is just so much more advanced than it was in the 90s.


What's your must see summer 2012 movie list?










♥ Erin

7 comments:

Jess said...

so excited this year. I dont remember ever wanting to see so many movies over the summer before!

Leanna Vera said...

I am literally excited to see every movie on that list! I'm most excited about Batman though because 1) I love that whole movie series and 2) I love me some Tom Hardy.

I'm still really skeptical about Total Recall. I love watching cheesy Arnold Schwarzenegger films and I just don't know if I can get excited about a remake.

Miss K said...

so many good movies! some of these i hadn't even heard of, thanks for sharing!!

Yamilette Yummy Yami said...

I don't recall being as excited for the summer releases last year as I am this year! At least five of the ones you mentioned, I'm looking forward to. And I'm positive there are some more.

Tayler said...

I can't wait to see the new Batman! They always come out in the summer, and one great thing about living in rural PA during the summer...seeing movies at the Drive-In :)

Chelsea said...

I am so stoked about so many of these movies! I'm going to have to find a great sitter so that Hubs and I can see them all!

Seni said...

channing tatum and jeremy renner? yes, please!