Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Back to Braids

The last couple years, braids have become all the rage especially in the warmer months. I remember when your choices of braids consisted of french, side or pig tails. Now there are a bazillion ways to braid hair and I'm falling in love with every style. Unfortunately, I'm braiding challenged. I can perform a regular side braid or two individual braids on my own head. Anything more than that and it's a disaster. I'm slowly learning how to french braid, but I can't do it to my own hair. Everything is easier to do on another person. Luckily, my awesome 14 year old sister has become "The Braid Master". Her and her friends watch YouTube videos and teach each other how to braid these crazy designs. I love it. She practices on my hair all the time. If you follow me on Instagram (and you should), you'll see every new braid she does on my hair. My fave so far is the fish tail braid, just because it looks so cool.

A version of the waterfall braid

Fish tail

Side french braid that started up by my right temple and came down the back
Bangs braided to the side.


Isn't she awesome? I could never do any of those on myself. Thank goodness for talented little sisters!

If you follow me on Pinterest (which you should also), I am always pinning braids that I want to try. Here are some of my faves.

This looks so cool, but unfortunately it had a dead link associated with it. No tutorial.
Source: tumblr.com via Erin on Pinterest

This kind of braid looks really good with highlights.
Source: iknowhair.com via Erin on Pinterest

My sister is currently practicing how to do this. Thank goodness for her YouTube tutorial.

This double braid is awesome. I can't wait for my hair to get longer so I can do this.
Source: tumblr.com via Erin on Pinterest

Simple bangs braided to the side. Love it.
Source: imgfave.com via Erin on Pinterest


What are your favorite braids right now?


Don't forget to follow me on Follow Me on Pinterest and Instagram (@ Heydtie042)!












♥ Erin

2 comments:

Neely said...

I have a really similar pinterest board of braids haha. I just figured out how to do the bans braid

Miss K said...

i love braids, but i wish my hair was thicker so my braid wouldn't be so wimpy