Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Goodbye One Tree Hill & Thanks for the Memories!


The One Tree Hill series finale is on tonight and as many of you know, this is one of my favorite shows...ever. I have been watching this show from the very beginning (that's 9 years). I have every season on DVD, have seen every episode and have downloaded hundreds of songs that have been played on the show.

I think I'm still in denial that the show is over, and I'm so anxious about how it's going to end. Will I be happy or sad or angry? Will it leave me with this gaping hole because I'll have no closure? Yeah, that's what goes through my mind. Somewhere Tim is rolling his eyes.

When I put this post in my planner like 4 months ago, I had no idea what I was going to say. And unfortunately I still don't know what to put in this post. For those of you who never watched the show, you won't get it. For those of you who did, I'm sure you'll tell me I forgot this or that. So I decided I'm just going to start writing and we'll see where it takes me. Sound good?


I can't tell you why I've always been a Brucas fan. Maybe it's because I loved them so much as a couple and that they were in real life was just so cute to me (until Chad screwed it up). I love Peyton on her own, but Leyton always annoyed me. Probably because it was sooooo drawn out, it was like oh just get married already. Or maybe it was because Brooke was always so "this is me, this is how I am", where as Peyton was always so much tougher to figure out and she was always so depressed.

It took me forever to find it, but this is my favorite Brucas moment ever:



Who isn't a fan of Naley, seriously? I admit when they started out and the whole teenage marriage/pregnancy thing you were like...really? I think seeing their relationship develop over the last 9 years is why I love them so much. They've had their ups and downs, but they are the rock of this show. Especially for the past 5 years.

So one of my favorite things about the show? The amount of slapping and name calling that goes on. Now I couldn't find any videos that had anything from the more current seasons, but most of the fighting and name calling happened in their high school years. This video I found was the best one, it's hard to hear dialogue in some clips but you get the point.



More importantly than the fighting would have to be the music. This show is the only reason I listen to some of the music I do. When the show started a group of girls that run the fan site OneTreeHillWeb.net started OTH-music.com. It has EVERY song played on the show, it's corresponding episode and even what scene it was played it. This has been my go to site for the shows music since the beginning. It has almost 2000 song on the site from Episode 1 on. The show is so influenced by music that all episode titles are either song or album titles. I have no doubt that without this show, I would not have half the songs on my iPod or like the music I currently do. Some of the artists the show introduced me to were:

Strays Don't Sleep
Ray LaMontagne
Susie Suh
Augustana
Citizen Cope
Iron & Wine
Jack's Mannequin
MoZella
Bethany Galeotti
Mobile
Stereophonics
Cary Brothers
Civil Twilight
The Temper Trap
Band of Horses
Trespassers William
Tyler Hilton
Josh Kelley

...just to name a few. I have a One Tree Hill playlist on my iPod and it has 500 songs in it. 

I was going to do my most memorable moments, but I realized there's too many and it will just bore you and make me cry. There are a few events that have always stayed with me and have made the show what it is. If you're a fan of the show, I'd like to know what moments stayed with you. I have never forgotten about:

School shooting/Dan killing Keith
The birth of Jamie Scott
Fast forward 4 and 1/2 years
Brooke and Julian getting married/birth of sons
Lucas and Peyton getting married
Nathan's career ending accident
Nanny Carrie
Derek
Nathan's kidnapping
Accident on the bridge after Naley's wedding
Dan's death





Goodnight One Tree Hill










♥ Erin

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I don't even wanna think about it :( The pre-order of season 9 is on Amazon for $25!!! Totally gonna order it!!!! I'm so sad it's over!

Emily said...

AH AH AH AH AH the end of an era. I'm not prepared for it! There are so many great older episodes (I love when they come on TV and I get sucked in) Fake Sarah was SO crazy...so was nanny carrie. AH so many memories. It's like I know these people..... but I don't haha

Ashlee said...

OTH!!! My favorite show ever! My friends and I are having an OTH party tonight! HA!

Fashion Meets Food said...

I am sad to see OTH go its one of my favorites. I figured last year after Brooke had her baby only after finding out she was pregnant in the previous show that they must be ending everything. xo

Frances said...

I was really pleased with the ending and the closure that it gave. I am truly goin to miss these characters. I feel like they have become my friends over the years. Good thing I can always turn to the DVDs when I need to.

I was always a Brucas fan too. I never liked leyton and I was actually happy when they both left. It was like they had been dragging down the show with their depression. I think I will continue my yearly OTH marathon.

PS: I'm totally watching the finale again tonight.