Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Crossing Another Band Off My Bucket List: Snow Patrol

Last week, Tim and I went to see Snow Patrol perform live at the Electric Factory in Philly. Snow Patrol is one of my favorite bands and I have been wanting to see them play live for years now. When I saw tickets were going on sale back in January, I scooped them up as fast as I can. Tickets were cheap and I absolutely love seeing bands at the Electric Factory because it's such an intimate setting.

 In case you're unfamiliar with Snow Patrol, they are an alternative rock band from Bangor, Northern Ireland. They rose to national fame with their debut album, Final Straw, in 2003. Their next studio album, Eyes Open, (2006) and its hit single "Chasing Cars," propelled the band to greater international fame. The album topped the UK Album Charts and was the best-selling British album of the year, selling over 6 million copies worldwide. In 2008, the band released their fifth studio album A Hundred Million Suns, then in 2009 their first compilation album, Up to Now and in 2011 they released their seventh album Fallen Empires.

Here are some pics from the show...

Opener Ed Sheeran

Our view from the balcony

The whole band
I took a lot of video on iPhone which is surprisingly awesome for video footage, but the files are too large for me to upload from it. If you're a Snow Patrol fan. it was an awesome concert. They are a great live band and they played a good mix of old and new, there was only one song I really wanted to hear and didn't. Here is the setlist from the night:



Are you looking forward to any upcoming concerts this summer?









♥ Erin

4 comments:

Heather (GurleeGirrl) said...

Looks like you got some great pics! I LOVE Snow Patrol! I've seen them only once - but they are coming back to Detroit and I think we are going.

This summer I have tickets to see Kenny Chesney/Tim McGraw concert and am hoping to make a few trips to Chicago this summer to see AM Taxi or Lucky Boys Confusion.

Caroline said...

Looks like a great show!

Mary Nevin said...

ooh good setlist & photos! Glad you had fun :)

Neely said...

Oh I am soooo jealous! they are one of my all time fav bands and that setlist is epic