Thursday, March 1, 2012

Shut The Front Door! (If you're a Hunger Games fan, you should read this)

I saw an article and I just had to read it because I couldn't believe my eyes. I think I can be a crazed fan, but I'm not completely overboard. I'm more of a find everything out that I can about it by surfing the internet for 8 hours more than a camp out overnight for 6 days to go to the premiere type of girl.

Now I'm not gonna call anyone weird who wants to do this, to each their own. I just thought this was a little out of context and out of control. I wanna know if you feel the same.

I follow Tres Sugar on Facebook and I saw a post that literally read, "Hunger Games Ideas For Your Wedding, Bachelorette Party, and Bridal Shower". If anyone else's reaction was, "are you f#$%ing kidding me?" then we had the same reaction. This goes along the lines of how I felt about the nail polish they came out with for the movie (see post). If you've read the Hunger Games then you know this is completely against what the book is about or what it's trying to portray.

Some examples from the article are (for the record, some are things that have already been done):

Parachute in bread and spiles

Arrow and moss necklace party favors

Invitations

Oversize book posters

Propaganda decor
 Look, I'm not against having a Hunger Games viewing party where these items would be perfectly acceptable, but for a wedding or shower? I don't know, am I completely off base here guys? I was just so taken aback by this that I felt the need to share with you and get your opinions. Is this going a little to far or am I being completely ridiculous? Just to be clear, I have no problems with themed parties of any nature (weddings, showers, etc) I just feel that this is the wrong choice of movie to use for that. Agree or disagree? The floor is yours folks.

To read the full article from Tres Sugar and see ALL 26 ideas with pictures, you can find it here.







♥ Erin

9 comments:

Ashlee Miller said...

I agree! That is a little overboard. I can understand maybe a birthday party, but not a wedding or a shower.

Miss K said...

Wowowow totally not ok for a wedding or shower. Viewing party? Absolutely.

Heather said...

i love the hunger games. but all of that is a little ridic.

Caroline said...

Fred is so excited about this movie. I, on the other hand, have yet to read the books.

Fashion By Alicia said...

I absolutely loved the books and am so excited for the movie, but a wedding is totally over the top!!

Neely said...

Oh dear god...

The Bases said...

That is ridiculous!

hklover86 said...

totally weird and overboard. lol

Meghan said...

Oh wow! A viewing party? Yes. A WEDDING? Umm, heck no.