Friday, February 3, 2012

Smash

When I was getting ready to go on vaca, I was searching for some shows/movies to download to my iPad to watch on the plane. I noticed that the pilot for Smash was available on iTunes for FREE, so of course I got it. I figured if it was terrible then I don't have to add yet another show to my repertoire, and if it was good then I'd just have to patiently wait until the second episode comes out.

Photobucket

Can I just tell you that I fell head over heels in love with this show? For a pilot it was done very, very well. And I had no idea it had stars in it like Anjelica Huston and Jack Davenport. Just an FYI gentlemen, there is a lot of singing and dancing going on so I doubt you will be watching this. Ladies, I'm not an enormous musical fan, but I definitely like them. This show would probably please both types of people. The acting is fantastic and the music isn't annoying. Just how I like it!

Photobucket

If you don't know what the show is about, here's the synopsis for you:

"Smash" is a musical drama that celebrates the beauty and heartbreak of the Broadway theater as it follows a cross section of dreamers and schemers who all have one common desire - to be a "Smash." The series centers on a desire to create a Broadway musical based on the life of Marilyn Monroe - written by the successful songwriting duo of Tom (Tony Award nominee Christian Borle, "Legally Blonde: The Musical") and Julia (Emmy Award winner Debra Messing, "Will & Grace"). Julia recently began the process of adopting a child with her husband Frank (Tony Award nominee Brian d'Arcy James, "Shrek the Musical") of many years, but her focus is torn when she has the opportunity to write another Broadway hit. A rivalry soon forms for the lead role between a youthful, inexperienced Midwestern beauty Karen (Katharine McPhee, "American Idol") - who is trying to find fame in the big city against all odds - and stage veteran Ivy Lynn (Megan Hilty, "9 to 5: The Musical"), who's determined to leave the chorus line and finally get her big break. A tenacious producer Eileen (Oscar winner, Anjelica Huston, "Prizzi's Honor") discovers the "Marilyn" project and jumps on board with a brilliant director, Derek (Jack Davenport, "Pirates of the Caribbean" films) - whose talent is matched by his cunning and egocentric amorality. Jaime Cepero ("Porgy and Bess") stars as Ellis, and Raza Jaffrey ("Sex and the City 2," "MI-5") stars as Dev.

Photobucket

I definitely recommend this, I think most of you guys that I talk to on a regular basis will be fans. It premieres this Monday, February 6th at 10 pm.

 I'm also looking forward to a couple new shows that will be starting next week as well. The first one is the second season of The Voice which will be premiering after the Super Bowl.


I'm probably going to check out The River which premiers on Tuesday, February 7th at 9 pm on ABC. It's from the creator of Paranormal Activity, so I'll see if it's scary enough or just corny.


Here's a preview for you, let me know what you think about it.


Are you going to tune into to Smash or any new shows?








♥ Erin

9 comments:

Jodie said...

I'm looking forward to Smash!! Can't wait for that and The Voice... hello Adam Levine! :)

melanie said...

smash looks sooo good!

Emily said...

I'm so excited for smash & Megan Hilty is so amazing... Saw her on Broadway about a year ago, she is pure talent!

Samantha said...

Cute post! I found your blog through Chelsea at Choose To Be Happy! I am a Feb sponsor too (the first round of sponsors). :)

I'm your newest follower!

Sam
http://petitefemmejolie.blogspot.com

Jessica Renee said...

Musicals sometimes annoy me so I wasn't sure about Smash but I'll take your word for it and give it a shot!

But I am SO excited for the River!!

Jessica Renee said...

Musicals sometimes annoy me so I wasn't sure about Smash but I'll take your word for it and give it a shot!

But I am SO excited for the River!!

Ashlee Miller said...

I'm looking forward to SMASH! It looks like a great show!

Jennifer B said...

I remember you telling me about Smash when we were in Marco Island! Since then, I've seen so many previews for it and I can't wait to watch! I am obsessed with musicals so this show looks perfect.

Mrs. Williams said...

I downloaded & watched Smash too & loved it. (I may have watched it twice at the gym :)) I'm looking forward to the voice too.