Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My Take on Super Bowl 46


I know it's sacrilegious to have rooted for the Giants as an Eagles fan, but I CANNOT stand Tom Brady, Gisele Bundchen and Bill Belichick. They drive me nuts. I won't go in to how I really feel about them (don't want to offend any of you), but let's just say my hatred for them runs deeper than it does for Eli and the Giants.

I spent a lot of Super Bowl Sunday running around from party to party. When I got to my final destination to watch the game in all of it's glory, I parked my butt in a spot and didn't really move. It's the only time of year that I enjoy commercials. I do have to say that it was a great game and I just love watching great teams play each other no matter who they are. I had a hard time figuring out when I was going to go to the bathroom during all of this. The game held my attention and I didn't want to miss a commercial (the problems I have, right). Overall, I was not impressed with the commercials. Only a few caught my eye. So here are my faves, in no particular order:







And besides all of those, I fell in love with all of the spots for NBC's "Smash". As most of you already know, I watched the pilot weeks ago. And it's killing me that I have to wait one more week for the second episode. So one of the commercials that I saw was this...


The song is called "Touch Me" and it was written by Ryan Tedder (OneRepublic). I cannot wait until they release that single.

I'm also not totally sure how I felt about the halftime show performance with Madonna. I was disappointed that she lip synced. I've heard that she usually doesn't so I was very surprised that she did. I LOVED "Music" being mixed with "Party Rock Anthem", I thought they went well together and seeing Madge on their shoulders cracked me up. I absolutely loathe her new song so that just made me roll my eyes and the fact that MIA just had to give the finger was super annoying. I mean seriously? I thought "Like A Prayer" with Ceelo was great and a neat take on it. All in all it was ok. I felt that for a 53 year old woman she looked great and moved pretty good. At the same time I wanted to say, "M, put on some flats so you don't stumble and can move better." Here's the full performance. Let me know what you think.


Directly following the game we rushed home so I could watch...


Season 2 is not letting me down! I even got Tim hooked on the show. This show beats America's Got Talent, American Idol and X Factor together! I'm so happy this show is back.

So how did you enjoy the Super Bowl? What were your favorite commercials? What were your thoughts on Madonna's half time show?


Make sure you check out my sneakpeeq giveaway!

Photobucket








♥ Erin

4 comments:

a displaced floridian said...

Great review! Haha I agreed about the Madonna in heels thing. But all in all, it was entertaining. LOVE the dog rescue commercial.

Ashlee Miller said...

I agree with you. I was highly disappointed in the commercials this year. Only a few really stood out to me!

Mandy@OrangeAutumn said...

I didn't watch "the voice" last year, but I've been watching it this year and I really love it so far! It's really good. I loved the M&M commercial, it was so cute!

Miss K said...

i didn't watch the voice or smash. is smash worth watching? i've heard good things.......i love that song!