Friday, February 24, 2012

Getting Ready for Summer Skin

I know it's only February, but I'm starting get ready for that nice warm sunshine! I've been picking out my swimsuits, buying a couple sundresses AND looking into some new summer makeup.

Last year I picked up a Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick as my new bronzer and I can't wait to start using it again!


This year, I'm definitely ready to try out some new things. For instance, I've never used a liquid luminizer and now I'm dying to try one. I was checking out some of these from Sephora:

Benefit Sun Beam

Smashbox Artificial Light Luminizing Lotion

Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer

NARS Illuminator
The only luminizer I've used is my BareMinerals Mineral Veil which I'm not impressed with. I hardly use it anymore. How do you wear luminizer? Do you mix it with your moisturizer or just apply it straight to your face?

I'm also in the market this summer for a new blush! My current blush is e.l.f. Natural Radiance Blusher in Glow. I also like to use a BareMinerals blush I have as well. I'm just bored with them and ready to try something else. So I checked these out at Sephora too:

Buxom True Hue Blush in either Breathless (blushing peach) or Seduction (pop pink)

Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Lotus Pink (warm neutral pink) or Orange Blossom (shimmering apricot with golden pink pearl)

NARS Blush in Super Orgasm (peachy pink with gold glitter) or Torrid (coral with shimmer)
Should I go with a more traditional pink or get something more coral?

Last but not least, I'm definitely going to pick up some hot new nail colors that are bright and fun for summer. I found a few I might have to splurge on:


Dior Vernis Nail Lacquer - Scented
This color is waterlily and it's scented!!
Polish with a subtle hint of roses, for real.
Betsy Johnson Too Too Scented Nail Color
It's My Pink!
Another scented nail polish, Sephora by OPI scented with Betsy Johnson's Too Too perfume
I already have enough pink nail polish, but this would be neat to try (only color currently available)
What products get you ready for summer skin?








♥ Erin

6 comments:

Christina said...

I'm a big fan of NARS Orgasm. I actually wear it year round.

Heather said...

I'm still behind on the NARS orgasm trend. but I hope to be trying it this summer!

Chelsea said...

I love my NARS orgasm and Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick and I totally wear them year round. This post makes me so excited for warmer weather! :)

Sarah Fitness said...

I am embarrassed to admit, I don't know what many of these products are... I usually use Loreal Gelee (I think that's what it's called) self tanner, but that's about it... going to do some research :-)

Miss K said...

i just bought the nars illuminator, i'm still trying to get used to using it

Jamie said...

I desperately need a Sephora makeover. Maybe soon...