Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A Tribute to Joe Paterno

Most of you know that I graduated from Temple University, but I started my college career at Penn State. Not only was I a student there, but I was a fan. Ever since I was born, I was taught to cheer for everything Penn State. My parents went there; it's where they met. My first cat was proudly named, Nittany. Some of my favorite memories are from that school and being on that campus. Even through thick and thin, I've considered myself a Penn State fan and I always will be. The loss of Joe Paterno is the toughest loss that college will ever see on or off the field. He was an amazing man and I am truly saddened that he is gone. Over the last few days, I have seen an enormous amount of pictures, videos and quotes. Even if you are not a Penn State or Joe Paterno fan, I hope you still take the time to read and watch things about him. So you can understand what a presence he was at the college and for everyone around him. This is my own little tribute to him.









"He died as he lived. He fought hard until the end, stayed positive, thought only of others and constantly reminded everyone of how blessed his life had been. His ambitions were far reaching, but he never believed he had to leave this Happy Valley to achieve them. He was a man devoted to his family, his university, his players and his community."


"Only the Penn State Nation will truly understand what this man meant to us. Regardless, the world has lost a great man. We Are...Heartbroken. We Are...Grateful. We are, and always will be...Penn State."


"It's the name on the front of the jersey that matters most, not the one on the back."


"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach."


Rest In Peace, Coach. You will be forever missed. We Are.






♥ Erin

2 comments:

Emily said...

He was such an amazing coach & leader of young men. I worry that the last quote of his that you posted will not come to pass due to the way it all ended. Thanks for such a beautiful post!

Caroline said...

He was such an amazing man. I wish people would stop taking about the scandal and focus on the greatness that he was and what he did for football and Penn State. So sweet.