Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Hunger Games Movie Nail Polish Collection

No, I'm not kidding. In true Hollywood fashion, they have made another nail polish collection from a movie (much like The Muppets and Burlesque by OPI). This time it's China Glaze getting the spotlight with their "Colours from the Capitol" collection. They released this ad featuring Elizabeth Banks as Effie Trinket just a couple weeks ago.

The slogan reads, "What will you be wearing to the opening ceremonies?"
Now I think this is a great promo idea, but part of me just doesn't think it matches all that well with the plot of the movie. What do you guys think?

Here are the colors they're releasing:


I mean some of them look really cool, I'm just not sure. Will you guys buy this?










♥ Erin

7 comments:

Jennifer B said...

I like the first 4 for sure, but yeahhh, I don't know that I'd go out of my way to buy them or anything.

However, I'm still trying to find a place around here that isn't sold out of the Muppets line! I want Rainbow Connection!

tara said...

Prerty colors, but I don't think I'll be buying it!

Fashion By Alicia said...

I think they are pretty but I definitely don't think it goes with the books and movie. Yes, Katniss had her nails done but only for Capital events.

Mary Nevin said...

I've just started this series! I'm loving it so far! Glad to see you're a fan!

Mandy@OrangeAutumn said...

I've never used China glaze so I don't know if I would buy these, just because I don't really use the product. It's interesting though. Nail polish kind of goes against everything Katniss stands for :) I like some of the colors.

Ashlee Miller said...

This is awesome! I love the colors.

Miss K said...

so lame! this doesn't fit the movie's storyline whatsoever. and if they're naming it after the capitol, should it be full of bright and wild colors?