Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tubular Tuesday Music Link Up #6 - Soundtracks


I've been meaning to link up with Krystal and Jennifer for Tubular Tuesday, but better late than never. This week's topic is soundtracks!

So, I like a lot of music that is in movies (I'm leaving out TV because my list would be a whole lot bigger). Let's just say I have a big enough collection on my iPod to last me a few days.
I like a lot of movie scores which I know doesn't interest most people. If you are a score person, check them out and let me know how you like them. Here are couple of my faves. Don't worry, I have real music too!

Hans Zimmer - Time from Inception
Inception is one of my favorite movies and I really enjoy the entire movie's score, but the song "Time" is beautiful. It's played in the final scenes of the movie.

Harry Gregson-Williams - End Theme from Man on Fire
Man on Fire is another one of my faves that has a beautiful score. This last song is in the final scenes of the movie as well.

Clint Mansell - Dead Reckoning from Smoking Aces
Smoking Aces isn't one of my fave movies, but I really like this song that plays towards the end of the movie when the plot unravels. Plus the scene has Ryan Reynolds looking super hot too.


Paul Haslinger - Eternity and a Day from the Underworld series
Yes I am a nerd and love all the Underworld movies. I think they aren't your typical vampire/werewolf movies and who doesn't love Kate Beckinsale? Anyway, this song is featured in the first and second movies as Selene's soundtrack. It's beautiful, I could listen to it for hours on repeat. And I can't wait for the new movie due out next year, wahoo!

Ok, enough of scores. here are some songs from some of my favorite movies EVER. Hope you enjoy them.


Gavin Friday - Angel from Romeo & Juliet
Probably my favorite movie of all time. I saw this movie a record (for me) 6 times in the theater. I have the movie on VHS, DVD and both volumes of the soundtrack on CD. Of all the songs in the movie, this one is my favorite.

Paramore - Decode from Twilight
There's so much good music from all the Twilight movies, but I only wanted to choose one. This one has to be my fave. I knew about Paramore before this song and I was so happy it helped really launch them. This is one of those songs that I just don't get sick of.

Angie Stone - Holding Back the Years from Love & Basketball
Now I LOVE the original of this song by Simply Red, but I think Angie did a really good job remaking this song. Another one of my movie faves.

The Sundays - Wild Horses from Fear
This song takes me back to 9th grade I think. I didn't become a fan of the original song until I was much older, but I was obsessed with this song. To this day, I love the movie Fear. I think I fell in love with Mark Wahlberg that year. I remember watching the scene where they play this song and being like OMG (the roller coaster scene). If you don't know, you'll just have to watch the movie.

The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony from Cruel Intentions
This movie catapulted this song. I don't care if this band was a one hit wonder, this song is epic.

Lustra - Scotty Doesn't Know from Eurotrip
One of my fave comedies EVER. This movie is a hidden gem. Even though Matt Damon doesn't really sing this song, he looks super hot with a shaved head and tattoos. This song cracks me up and if you haven't seen the movie, you won't understand.

Patrick Swayze - She's Like the Wind from Dirty Dancing
Probably my second favorite movie of all time. I literally watched the VHS of it soo much it broke. Have it on DVD and I just saw they have an anniversary edition that I might have to buy. Anyway, love this song and had such a crush on Patrick Swayze (RIP).


Selena - I Could Fall in Love from Selena
Ok, so this movie is probably in my top 10, possibly top 5. I have always loved this song, but I didn't really understand what happened until I saw the movie. For some reason I don't have this on DVD, but I watch it every time it's on TV which is quite often.


Madonna - Playground from A League of Their Own
Another top ten movie for me. I absolutely loved this song when it came out. I used to record music videos onto VHS tapes and this was definitely one of the songs. You know way back when, when MTV actually played music.

I could really go on and on, I barely made a dent in my list from my iPod. I hope you like my choices and I can't wait to see what everyone else picked!! Thanks for an awesome link up ladies.










♥ Erin

4 comments:

Jules said...

Great, great choices! I never knew the name of that song from Romeo & Juliet. I love it!

Decode is a song that will never get old for me either and I've always liked Paramore.

Wild Horses and Bittersweet Symphony are awesome songs and whenever I hear them I think of Fear and Cruel Intentions (those movies will never get old).

Jennifer B said...

You better link up, yo!!

Neely said...

Fear oh my god yes and Romeo and Juliet for sure!

Jennifer B said...

Ooooo love the Romeo & Juliet song!!