Friday, December 9, 2011

Time to get serious

I don't normally get serious with you guys. I feel like there's so much bad out there in the world, you don't need me bringing you down about anything sad (not that there's anything wrong with those who do, not trying to offend here). I'm gonna let you all in today much like a lot of you already do with your blogs. I share my personal life with some of you via email or twitter, but I haven't really done an emotional blog post since I started this blog. Well that's going to change today. I was offered to do a post for the American Cancer Society. I'm doing it not just because it helps a good cause, but because cancer has affected my life and my family.


This is my Poppop. He lost his battle with cancer almost 3 years ago. I had never had to deal with cancer until that point. Now I am among the millions who hate cancer, who blame cancer and who would love nothing better than for it to disappear off the face of the earth.

As you can tell from the picture, he was a man that loved life. He was a family man, a hard working man and he was my role model. And if I could truly have one wish for my birthday it would be to have him back.

I'd like to dedicate the video below to him, to everyone who has lost a family member or friend to cancer and to anyone who has beat it. I found it even more fitting that it is a video that has to do with giving people of the world more birthdays since it is my birthday month and more birthdays is what everyone deserves.

I would love to tell you all more about my grandfather, but just to write this much was hard enough on me. During this holiday season, let your loved ones know how much they are truly loved. Thanks for letting me share guys. Sorry for the downer today.




This post is sponsored by American Cancer Society.










♥ Erin

5 comments:

The Bases said...

He looks like such a cute old man! I am sorry for your loss. This was a beautifully written tribute to him.

Mandy@OrangeAutumn said...

He looks like a wonderful man!! This is a great tribute to him. My mom had cancer when I was in high school, but is a survivor. I choke up just writing that little bit about it. Thanks for writing your post!

Miss K said...

I'm so sorry honey. Thank you for sharing, it was such a sweet post.

Ashlee Miller said...

So sorry! What a beautiful post and he sounds like an amazing man. We lost Paul's grandpa in March to Lung cancer and this will be the first year without him. So I know and feel the pain.

Susan said...

what a beautiful story