Friday, December 16, 2011

An Idiot Moment

Don't you just love (or hate) when you realize something or figure something out that was right in front of your face the whole time? I find that I have these moments a lot. Every once in a while I get one of those DOH! moments (cue Homer Simpson). I'm not embarrassed to share when I do, it's just usually something that is hard to on a blog. I like having visuals and not just tell you guys a story. Anyway, I have one of those for you to share with you today. I hope it brightens your day, gives you a little chuckle or makes you feel like you're not the only one who has these moments either.

If you have Twitter, I'm sure you have some sort of app for it on your phone no matter what kind of phone you use. I have an iPhone and I choose not to use the Twitter app, I use the Echofon app. I have since I started using Twitter. So for months I had been doing one extra step to use a hash tag or tweet to a specific person. I just realized there is a simpler option that was in front of my face the WHOLE time!


When I go to tweet, this is the screen that pops up. I NEVER saw those two buttons on the right. I was always clicking on the "123" button and going into the characters to find them. Seriously. Imagine my surprise when one day I saw them.


Yep that's how happy I was, I tweeted about it. And not one person responded to it, that's how I knew I was having an idiot moment. Thank you for letting me share this with you today. I know I'm a nerd.



Don't forget...


Get your posts ready for Monday!!




♥ Erin

11 comments:

MaryBeth said...

OMG, I will have to run and get my ipad, iphone right now to check it out. I always switch to the other screen, ugh. Was I this stupid all these years?

Ashleigh said...

Ugh I didnt notice this either, you arent alone

Ashlee Miller said...

No way! I didn't realize that there were buttons down there. Thanks for making my life easier!

Lyndsay said...

Seriously? I never noticed that either.

Mandy@OrangeAutumn said...

LOL, it's funny how we overlook things like that! Glad you found it, it makes things a little more simple.

Jessica Renee said...

hahaha That's so awful because I would totally have done something like that!! It must be our super old age! :p

Kristine said...

You're reeeediculous ;)

Miss K said...

hilarious! stuff like this happens all the time

Jules said...

Now I feel like a moron because I didn't realize the # button was down there until you mentioned it. Thanks for making things a little bit easier :)

Chelsea said...

I've had an iPhone for YEARS and I learn something about it every week...most of the time they are things that I totally should have known...

This should be an "It's OK Thursday" post ;)

Chelsea (www.hautechildinthecity.com)

Kiley said...

um....never noticed this. ever.