Friday, December 30, 2011

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Film Review


After I got off of work on my birthday last week, the only thing I wanted to do was go see this movie. Now you guys know that I am usually disappointed with book to movie conversions, but I have to say that I was extremely impressed with this movie.

First off, Rooney Mara did a FANTASTIC job as Lisbeth Salander. All the piercings she has in the movie she actually got done for her role (there were a lot btw). She was exactly how I had imagined her in my mind as I read the book. I hope she gets some recognition for her role. During an interview, the director had touched on other actresses that were being considered for the role and I'm so glad they chose Rooney. I couldn't have imagined that character being played by Scarlett Johansson, Anne Hathaway, Natalie Portman, Ellen Page or Carrie Mulligan. As far as the other actors cast, I was very happy with those choices as well. You really can't go wrong with Daniel Craig, Christopher Plummer or Robin Wright.

The transformation from book to movie was almost flawless. The things that were left out were not important, only a small amount was even changed and you didn't need to read the book to understand the movie. I think I only answered two questions Tim had after the movie was over.

I've talked to people who have seen that have read the book and who haven't. The ones that read the book are impressed and the one who didn't read the book now want to. When my mother saw the preview for the book she shuddered and said, "No, I can't see that." My grandmother ended up dragging her to see it and now she's reading the books and wants to see the movie again.

It was beautifully done and I can't wait until the second and third movies come out! Just be prepared at the theater, this movie is 3 hours long.

Have you seen The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo yet? What did you think?



And don't forget to link up on Monday! I promise there will be a post next week (sorry Neely)! I can't wait to see all of your favorites!!







♥ Erin

2 comments:

Miss K said...

i've heard nothing but good things about the movie, i def want to see it now AND read the books

Kiley said...

AHHHH it was so good!