Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Weekend Recap - Boston

Tim and I spent last weekend visiting a good friend of mine in Boston. It had been years since either of us had been there and I really wanted to see her since she recently got engaged. We had been tossing it around for a while, they were always asking us to come up and visit. When we lived in DC we were always asking them to come down to us. Finally we just pulled the trigger and booked the flight and I'm really glad we did. We had an AMAZING weekend, I'm still recovering from it actually. Everyone has been asking us "Oh, did you do this or go see that?" I'm gonna tell you right now, no we didn't. We spend the whole weekend eating and drinking and talking, and to be honest I couldn't have asked for more. I wish I would have taken more pics, but like I said we were just hanging out.

My first drink to start the trip while we were at the airport.

After we got there, we pretty much just dropped off our stuff and headed out to grab some food and drinks (sorry, no pics).

However, if any of you have seen the movie The Town, my friends literally live a stones throw from the Flower Shop that is in it. I couldn't find a screen shot of how it looks in the movie, but here's what it looks like.
Look familiar? We thought it was very exciting.
The next day we headed out for a tour of the Harpoon Brewery which was awesome.

We got a tour of the brewery and got to try some awesome beers.
The brewery is located on the waterfront and next to it is a restaurant called Legal Harborside. The food was amazing and it has this indoor/outdoor rooftop deck that we grabbed drinks at before our reservations were ready. They almost had to roll all four of us out of there because we were so stuffed.



Here we are outside on the rooftop deck. My camera sucked at getting the view behind us which was the pretty waterfront with the airport in the back ground. Oh well.
This was one of our appetizers, some of the best Oysters I ever had!

Tim decided to go big or go home and got the massive Seafood dinner.

I ordered tuna that was to die for.

Tim in his bib eating his lobster.
The next morning went to a place called West End Johnnie's where they have a reggae brunch! It was awesome to just sit, relax, eat and listen to reggae!


After brunch it was time to do some actual site seeing so they drove us all around the city so we could see the sights. It was a great way to end a wonderful weekend. I edited these pictures with the instagram app on my phone to spruce them up a bit.

Got to see Harvard's campus.

And MIT...

Had to drive by Cheers!


Anyway, that was our weekend in Boston. I wish I would have taken more pictures, but at the same time it was nice to just get away and not have to worry about anything. Thank you so much to our friends Kyra and Grant for letting us come and visit, we can't wait to see you guys again (probably Saint Patty's, LOL).

How were your weekend's? Do anything fun?






♥ Erin

4 comments:

Jennifer B said...

Sounds like an awesome trip! I went to Boston and I hated it, but I was also driving the whole time, from place to place. Who knew Boston had a mass transit system?? anyway, I'm convinced that I'll enjoy it the next time around.

Christine said...

I want to go to Boston so bad! I love this old feeling of the town so much.

Miss K said...

how freaking fun!! looks like a fabulous trip!!! i love that you went by cheers, i would have done the same

Krystal said...

We just went to Boston in Sept -- I too didn't take many pictures. Just ate and drank and walked! :) Loved it all. Wish we had made it to Harpoon but we ran out of town! Plus, I had no clue how to get on the silver line which is a bus or something that would've taken us there. Next time I'll be more prepared!