Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Hunger Games Series Review


I've been told my many of you and many other friends that I need to read the Hunger Games trilogy. I can't tell you why I was putting it off. I knew I would like it, but I think it was because I really didn't know much about it. When I saw the trailer for the new movie coming out next year I was like, "Ok, that looks good. I should read it before the movie comes out." So I put away the Carrie Diaries book I was reading (which could not hold my attention btw) and grabbed Hunger Games to start reading when we left for Boston (for the plane). As you all know I was in Boston 2 weekends ago...I finished the last book, Mockingjay, last Saturday night! For reals...could not put these books down!

These books have rivaled the love and obsession I have for the Twilight books. I have literally gotten to the phase where I look everything up I possibly can about the series and the upcoming film. Yep, total nerd here!

First of all, the books were a lot more gruesome than I thought they were gonna be. I never had an idea about what they were about before I started reading them so it kinda took me by surprise. I think each book built well on each other and I think the underlying love story is what ultimately got me (yeah I know, I'm a mush). I could feel the intensity of trying to keep each other alive and then it was just one thing after another. I haven't talked out loud with a book since the Twilight Saga. Where I've literally looked up from what I was reading and go, "Oh my God!" I laughed, cried, pulled my hair out, etc.

I have to say the one advantage with these books is that I saw the trailer for the movie before I started reading the books so I imagined the characters as I had seen them. Whereas with Twilight, I read them before the movies came out so I had already formed in my mind what the characters should look like and act (which is why the movies had let me down so much).

If you haven't read these books I cannot stress enough how much I suggest them. They are truly one of those series that grabs you from the beginning, never lets go and then leaves you wanting more after the last sentences are read. I CAN'T wait to see the first movie come out in March, it seems like a lifetime away. I could probably talk about his all day so I'll leave you with the trailer for the first move, due out March 23, 2012. Enjoy!




Are you excited to see/read The Hunger Games?







♥ Erin

11 comments:

Ashleigh said...

So i havent seen the trailer yet- glad you posted it! I have only read the first 2 books, but need to go read the last one! Did i just see Lenny Kravitz and Woody Harrelson?? Awesome!!! I can't wait!

Miss K said...

this is one of my fave series! it's so good i can't wait for the movies to come out

tara said...

These books are amazing!!

Jules said...

That is so great that you read the entire series already. I've been dragging out each chapter of the last book because I don't want it to end.

I can't wait for the movie in March!

The Bases said...

Havent read them dont know anything about them! Just watched the trailer and I am still confused! I think I will get the first one on my nook and see what i think!

Mandy@OrangeAutumn said...

I LOVE these books and I can't wait for the movie. I was so excited to see the trailer up awhile back!

Jennifer B said...

The best!!!

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

OH I LOVED THE HUNGER GAMES! I RECOMMEND THEM TO EVERYONE AND CAN'T WAIT FOR THE MOVIE!!! ARE YOU READING ANYTHING GOOD RIGHT NOW? I'M LOOKING FOR SOMETHING TO READ!

Chelsea said...

Seriously obsessed with this series and the fact that the trailer is now available, I am beyond over-the-moon!!

Lyndsy said...

loved the series and cannot wait to see the movie in march!