Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Product Review: Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara

So my intention when I purchased this mascara was to get the Grow Luscious Plumping mascara, but I didn't notice until I got home that I just picked up the regular Grow Luscious product. So this is not for the plumping product.



As many of you know I have an affinity for mascara, and I love to collect them. My go to everyday mascara is Maybelline's Colossal Volume Express, I love and it has been my fave for a long time. I really thought this Revlon product might have a chance at replacing the Maybelline mascara, but boy was I wrong.

First things first, the brush is HUGE! So huge that it makes application very hard because it was bigger that the length of my lashes! I compared the brush with the Maybelline brush so you could see the difference.
Not only is it longer, but it's thicker as well

Here's what it looked like once I applied it:



Doesn't look all that bad, but then I compared it to Maybelline's Colossal Volume Express and I was blown away by the difference.



Not only did I find the product to be less than desirable, but it flaked too! Flaking is my biggest pet peeves with mascara because I don't like to feel like I'm wearing it. I hate pulling at my lashes all day looking in the mirror because it feels like I have something in it. So frustrating!

So not long after I purchased this item, I contacted Revlon and complained. Needless to say, I'm shipping it back to them and they are reimbursing me for the mascara and my shipping fees. At least they didn't give me a problem about it.

Have you used this product? What did you think about it? Are you still going to try it after this review? I'd love to know! You know I love comments!

**This product was purchased by me with my own funds. This post is not sponsored by any person or company. All reviews are my own opinions and thoughts of the products.**




♥ Erin

3 comments:

Miss K said...

i've heard less than stellar things about this mascara, glad revlon is taking it off your hands hassle-free

Celia said...

oh wow. i didn't know companies would do that. i mean i know most of them say 100% satisfaction guaranteed, but who knew! my go to is Mary Kay's Waterproof Mascara! LOVE. :)

Kiley said...

wow, what a difference! definitely glad they are taking it back for you!