Monday, October 3, 2011

Product Review: e.l.f. Shimmer Palette


I picked this palette up during a random target shopping trip. Their cosmetics are super cheap so I figured if I didn't like it, it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Well I tried this palette many ways: on my eyes, cheeks and lips. My favorite use for it is on my cheeks because that seemed to be the only place it would stay put.

Here it is as a base underneath my bronzer (Bobbi Brown Simmer Brick)

I recommend this as a base to foundation or a bronzer. If you use it by itself, it tends to look caked on. If you add foundation or a bronzer over it, it will smooth it out.

Here you can see I used it in the inside corner of my eyes as a highlighter

How the colors look on skin

Using it as a highlighter in the corner of my eyes worked well, but I tried it as just an eyeshadow and it reminded me of the CoverGirl Shadow Blast. I don't think I ever reviewed them on the blog, but basically it's a cream based eyeshadow as well. What happens though is that even if you used it with a primer (I use Urban Decay's Primer Potion) it still slides all over the eye. This product did the same thing, so I don't recommend it for just your eyes.

I was not a fan at all of it as a gloss on my lips, it caked and had a terrible taste. I don't recommend it at all. However, if you put it right on the line where your lips meet your skin directly under the nose. That is an accent point and if you highlight it, it can make your lips appear fuller. I do it because I hardly ever wear lipstick or gloss.

This is definitely an interesting product, and I'll use it now that I have it. Ultimately though I don't recommend it because there are better products out there that do the same job. I feel like my bronzer does a great job by itself and I was unhappy using the product anywhere else on my face.

I know a few of you were waiting patiently for this review! I hope it helps!

**This product was purchased by me with my own funds. This post is not sponsored by any person or company. All reviews are my own opinions and thoughts of the products.**





♥ Erin

1 comment:

Miss K said...

i love elf, but the last couple of products i bought have been so-so. i've almost picked this up a few times, but now i'm glad i've passed! thanks for the review love!