Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Product Review: e.l.f. Nail Polish and NOTD


These e.l.f. product reviews keep coming! That's what happens when I buy a lot of stuff (see post). I ordered 3 nail polishes and 1 matte coat. I thought for the fall that a nice brown would do, it was definitely a color I didn't have in my repertoire and I was seeing it everywhere. Well when I got it, I was a little disappointed. Chocolate is the name of the color and it definitely looked exactly like a melted Hershey's bar. I remember my sister called it my poo color and unfortunately I agreed with her. So I figured, "Oh what the heck?" And this is how it looked...


It really didn't look all that bad once it was on my nails, but I still felt like I had to jazz it up. So I added a top coat of the Golden Goddess color I got as well and here was the final result...


I really didn't think gold sparkles would go well with that color brown, but now it's one of my faves. I had it on to go out Saturday night and I got a ton of compliments from it.

Great thing about this polish is it goes on smooth and it dries fast no matter how light or thick you pile it on. Most importantly, it didn't need a clear top coat which saved me a step. My only issue with the Golden Goddess color was that for some reason it had a powerful chemical smell that lingered on my nails until it was dry enough so I could wash my hands. It might just be the fact that it's a glitter polish, because the regular colors don't smell bad at all. As far as durability, it did peel a little at the top after I took a shower. Other than that, both colors are really holding strong and still look great. This is great polish at a great price. Unfortunately, I don't see the polish at Target like I do their other products. They have their selection online though.

Have you tried e.l.f.'s nail polish yet?

**This product was purchased by me with my own funds. This post is not sponsored by any person or company. All reviews are my own opinions and thoughts of the products.**




♥ Erin

3 comments:

tara said...

I have found elf nail polish at target! They're normally in box sets. I got one set of 5 summer colors and a set of 3 christmas colors! Love 'em!

Miss K said...

i love the elf polish! every now and then i see some holiday packages for elf polish at target, but not all the time. i love that brown color, it's really rich. then paired w the glitter it's great!! i have the golden goddess and my only issue is that the glitter isn't in a clear polish, but a yellow tinted one so it can change some polish colors

Neely said...

Love that color!