Monday, October 10, 2011

Product Review: e.l.f. Lengthening and Volumizing Mascara


I picked this little beauty during my e.l.f. shopping spree a couple weeks ago (see post). Much like most of the items I bought I was not let down with this either.

As you know my everyday mascara is Maybelline's Colossal Volume Express. Last week it knocked out the competition, Revlon's Grow Luscious, so much so that I sent Revlon's product packing (see post).

I knew the next opponent had to hold it's own. So when I had the chance to get a free mascara, I jumped on it.



Needless to say I have found a worthy opponent in e.l.f.'s Lengthening and Volumizing Mascara. It does what it says, doesn't clump or flake (2 of my biggest peeves) and it lasts all day.

I will definitely be using this in tandem with my Maybelline mascara, but it's nice to know I've found something I like just the same (and is cheaper). My only gripe with this product is as you can see in the picture, the wand takes up 3/4 of the product! I'm sure the amount won't last as long as my others, but for $3 I guess I can't really complain. Another neat thing about this is the brush! I don't know what it is about it, but it's the right firmness and size and the bristles are the perfect amount apart. It's definitely one of the better brushes I've seen.

Want to see how it compares to Maybelline Colossal Volume Express? Here are the pictures again.



Can you tell the difference? What do you think of these two products head to head?

**This product was purchased by me with my own funds. This post is not sponsored by any person or company. All reviews are my own opinions and thoughts of the products.**






♥ Erin

5 comments:

Jules said...

It actually looks like it separates better than the Maybelline mascara based on the pics, which is a very good thing. I'd definitely give this a whirl for $3.

Katherine said...

Wow it looks fantastic on you! Love it - thank you for the review :)

Miss K said...

your lashes are so freaking long. love finding great cheapies!

Alice said...

Oooh might have to pick that Maybelline one up for myself. Love your blog!

Neely said...

Pretty!!!