Thursday, October 6, 2011

Product Review: e.l.f. Eye Brightener & Mineral Booster


I have to tell you, I didn't really have super high hopes for this product because I didn't think it could beat out my normal routine. I currently use bareMinerals foundation and prior to me applying it I use it as a concealer under my eyes and on any trouble areas. Well I no longer have to do that! This product does wonders for under my eyes. This little eye brightener has become my new go to concealer. I absolutely love it. It's amazing what it can do by itself and not only does it lighten the circles under my eyes, but it works in the corners as well! So here are my before and after pictures. It's kinda hard to tell through pictures, but I tried! Just an FYI, this is what I did during halftime of the Eagles game on Sunday so forgive me for the sweats an the messy hair!


No makeup on here (I can't believe I posted this)

After adding the eye brightener ONLY, can you see the difference?

Eye brightener and foundation complete


Now this was one of those products as well that I just wanted to try for the heck of it since it's cheap (only $5).

You can say I was super impressed with this product as well. I wish I had pictures for you, but it just didn't do it any justice. It's something you need to see for yourself, pictures didn't pick it up.

The description for the mineral booster said "Achieve the ultimate, translucent "photo finishing touch" to your makeup, our Mineral Booster melts into your skin, infusing it with key vitamins A, B and E to promote healthier skin that’s noticeably silkier and smoother. Completely sheer and ideal for all skin tones, Mineral Booster gently absorbs oil and minimizes the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines and pores for a beautiful even finish. Wear alone or buff over our Mineral Concealer and Foundation to lend extra staying power and to achieve a professional and stunning porcelain matte look that will last all day."

After I applied it I definitely felt like it had a finished look to it and my skin really felt softer. Sometimes after I washed my face (even after using bareMinerals makeup) it tended to feel dry. This just really moisturized my skin and took that feeling away. Now I barely use moisturizer after I rinse my face, it's awesome. If you get a chance, I'd definitely pick up this product and try it out. I'd be amazed if you didn't like it as much as I do.

Are you going to try either of these products? Have you used them before?


**This product was purchased by me with my own funds. This post is not sponsored by any person or company. All reviews are my own opinions and thoughts of the products.**






♥ Erin

4 comments:

tara said...

Ooohh. I want to try the eye brightener!!

Heather said...

i need to try this. i've been an avid ELF user for years now. i also use bare minerals. but i did try their mineral foundation once and it was really good.

Miss K said...

that's it. i'm buying it.

Jules said...

Thanks for the pics and I can definitely see the difference. You look great with or without makeup!

I have Well Rested from Bare Minerals. This sounds very similar and a LOT cheaper. I'm totally getting this when I run out.