Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest Review

Wow, it sure does feel good to finish such a long, involved series like this one. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I read them, I thoroughly enjoyed all of them. It took me for.ev.er to read. Granted I've been a little busier, but these were hard books to read. There's a lot of information that's been translated into English from Swedish and it talks about places in Sweden I've never heard of before, so it took me a little bit.

I heard from people this last book was "a let down", but I didn't think so. I thought it ended the series well. My only complaint about this entire series is that everything always seemed to work out so well for the protagonists. I don't want to give anything away, but I felt that everyone who was "good" got their way and everything worked out perfectly for them all the time, especially when it came down to revenge. Now revenge in a book is something I am a HUGE fan of. If a character I like it wronged, I love when they get back at the person that wronged them. It's just a closure that I love to feel. It's like "ha, you deserve it you jerk!"

Overall, I loved all 3 books and I can't wait for the first movie to come out in December. If you're looking for a new series to read I definitely recommend this one. It should be a must read for everyone.

Have you read this series? What did you think about it?

Now, what am I going to read next?






♥ Erin

No comments: