Monday, July 25, 2011

Staying Cool...

When I lived in VA, I was deprived of certain restaurants that had been staples throughout my entire life in PA. Certain places like Yocco's Hotdogs, any good cheesesteak place, Wawa and Rita's Italian Water Ice were greatly missed when I moved out of the area. Now that I'm back, I have been eating food that I haven't been able to have in years.

Rita's has THE best water ice and custards. I used to get Rita's once a week when I was in college (we also used to add alcohol to a tub of it, but I digress). Last week I heard an advertisement for a new flavor, cantaloupe, that I had to try. Their water ice is made with real fruit and has big fruit chunks in it as well, it's to die for.

Since this weather has been absolutely stifling, I couldn't take it anymore and ran down to our local Rita's. I picked up a few tubs for my parents and got myself a cantaloupe gelati. For those of you who don't know, it's water ice with custard (amazing). I think I devoured it in less than 5 minutes!

Between the water ice and my pool, I was cooling off just fine. Are you suffering from this terrible heat wave too? How are you staying cool right now?







♥ Erin

No comments: