Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Goodbye Netflix!


If I had photoshop on this computer I would have made a better picture, but unfortunately I am minus a laptop currently and I'm borrowing my sisters. Anyway, I am not happy with Netflix. I got an email that said the following:

Dear Erin,

We are separating unlimited DVDs by mail and unlimited streaming into two separate plans to better reflect the costs of each. Now our members have a choice: a streaming only plan, a DVD only plan, or both.

Your current $9.99 a month membership for unlimited streaming and unlimited DVDs will be split into 2 distinct plans:

Plan 1: Unlimited Streaming (no DVDs) for $7.99 a month
Plan 2: Unlimited DVDs, 1 out at-a-time (no streaming) for $7.99 a month

Your price for getting both of these plans will be $15.98 a month ($7.99 + $7.99). You don't need to do anything to continue your memberships for both unlimited streaming and unlimited DVDs.

These prices will start for charges on or after September 1, 2011.

You can easily change or cancel your unlimited streaming plan, unlimited DVD plan, or both, by going to the Plan Change page in Your Account.

We realize you have many choices for home entertainment, and we thank you for your business. As always, if you have questions, please feel free to call us at 1-888-357-1516.

–The Netflix Team


Later Netflix, you'll be getting my cancellation notice shortly. Does anyone else think this is ridiculous? I'm thoroughly irritated.





♥ Erin

4 comments:

Krystal said...

I am just keeping it, my guy watches WAY too many movies to be pissy about it. We were on the $20 a month plan anyway and now it's just $23

Miss K said...

i am beginning to HATE netflix. even before the announcement yesterday i was complaining about it at work. why do they not have more items livestream besides C or D rated movies? or why do they take items off live stream to dvd when it was ALREADY live stream? Why do they only have some seasons of show live stream and not EVERY season? makes no sense. i hate them.

Lyndsy said...

HOw rude! I didn't get this letter but heard it on the radio....which to choose??? Most likely stick with the DVD's??

MaryBeth said...

Ye I hate it. I wouldn't mind paying for 2 different services if the live stream had more titles. I can never get any of the movies I want live ugh!