Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Bye Bye Borders


Borders announced they are officially going out of business. They were unable to secure a buyer for it's remaining stores. This really makes me sad, for some reason I always chose Borders over Barnes and Noble and now I'm not going to have a choice. Bummer! Anyway, for those of you who are lucky enough to still have a Borders store near you (a bunch of them closed), the liquidation sales are starting this Friday! I have a couple gift cards I'm going to need to burn through, that's the only reason I'm excited. So if you have a Borders gift card, you better use it soon!

Here are some of the items I'll spend my gift cards on:



The Passage - Justin Cronin



James Patterson - The Gift



The Harry Potter Collection

The Hunger Games Collection

What do you guys recommend to read this summer?





♥ Erin

2 comments:

Miss K said...

i need to find one near my home asap!

i'd love the HP and HG series, i'd also suggest something borrowed/something blue, the help, the glass castle/half broke horses, and a thousand splendid suns. they're all on my must-own list.

Kristine said...

I am NOT happy that Borders is closing. I too, chose them over B&N. I am hoping to find some real good deals before they close their doors for good.