Monday, May 23, 2011

Movie Reviews: Something Borrowed and Thor

I love summer movie season! In the last couple of weeks, I went to see Thor and Something Borrowed.

I credit Tim for getting me into all of the comic book movies. I would have never started watching them if it wasn't for him. So of course we had to see Thor as soon as it came out.


For not knowing one thing about the character Thor, you will come away from this movie with a full recap of his story and how he came to be. I thought the movie was great, but Tim said he was a little disappointed and he expected a little more. He figured since Thor isn't as well known as some of the other comics they concentrated more on his story than action and showing his "powers". All I have to say is, as soon as I saw this...
I was hooked! Besides that, I also love, love, love Natalie Portman. It was really nice to see her branch out this year and do movies you don't usually see her in. I've been a fan of her since The Professional way back in the day.

I'm definitely excited to see the sequel to this movie (whenever that may be), but in the meantime I heard an interview with Chris Hemsworth saying that he's already started filming The Avengers. So we may not have to wait another 2 years to see him with his shirt off (always a plus).

After all the testosterone in Thor, I needed some girl time and went to go see Something Borrowed with a couple girlfriends.

I read this book ages ago and I was so excited when I heard it was going to be a movie. I was really happy with the casting. I thought Kate Hudson was PERFECT for this role. I recall even imagining her in that role while I was reading the book. You also can't go wrong with Colin Egglesfield...

Honestly though, besides his good looks he really was perfect for the role. Now obviously there were going to be changes, but I really liked how they had Ethan in New York for most of the movie.
I am a huge John Krasinski fan. I never imagined anyone for Ethan's role, but as soon as I saw him I knew he was perfect for it as well. Unfortunately, I'm still not entirely sold on Ginnifer Goodwin as Rachel. Am I the only one that feels this way? I mean I can't give you an alternative, but for some reason she's not who I pictured. She did a great job and I loved her in it, I just feel like someone could have done a little better that's all. Am I crazy in thinking this?

Anyway, look for a rundown of all the summer blockbusters I'm looking forward to this year. I can't wait!






♥ Erin

2 comments:

Ying said...

Eye candy galore! Holy. One of my friends was raving about the guy in Thor and I was like, huh? Really? But now I see why - she did mention how she was sold on him the moment he took his shirt off. lol.

I actually have the OPPOSITE opinion of you about the casting of the female characters in Something Borrowed - haven't seen the movie yet though! Just haven't had time! I think Kate is fun but she doesn't have the sex appeal that Darcy had. I loved Ginnifer in Ramona and Beezus, I think she's pretty but not gorgeous - not someone you would notice at first glance. Which made her (IMO) perfect for the role of Rachel. I LOVE LOVE LOVE John Krasinski! I can't wait to see this movie! My weekends are so packed now I might have to sneak out on a weeknight to go see it!

Miss K said...

I love the comic flick movies and i can't wait to see Thor bc chris hemsworth looks SO FREAKING HOT! Plus i like his hair kind of long and i also love natalie portman.

I haven't seen something borrowed with yet, but i haven't heard that great of stuff so i might wait until it's on dvd. I read it when kate/ginnifer were already cast so i pictured them while i was reading it and thought ginnifer would be the perfect rachel- quite, pretty but not an IT girl type.