Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Girl Who Played With Fire Review and A Leaked Movie Trailer


I'm thankful for the much needed pool time I got during this long holiday weekend. I finally finished The Girl Who Played With Fire, and I'm happy it didn't take me as long as the first book took me (somewhere around 3 months). This one only took me a couple short weeks. So far I am really enjoying this series. Granted the first book took a little bit for me to get into, but I was immediately taken in by its sequel.

The focus of this second book surrounds Lisbeth Salander's past and the after effects of the first book. I was pretty glad the author jumped right on into it. Like I said, I had a hard time getting into the first one. Not only are you following the past of this girl, but you are trying to help solve a triple murder in the process. Everything in your brain tells you that Lisbeth is capable of committing such a crime, but you're still missing important information from her past that is the key to solving everything (of course).

Unlike the first one, this book truly ends in a cliffhanger. I'm happy I have the next and final one in the series to start ASAP. I've heard that this last book is a little disappointing, but I'm going to keep my hopes up. What did you think of the second and third books in the series?

Since these books have been international best sellers, they have already made movies about them that have been popular abroad. Finally, they are starting to make them here in the states and I couldn't be more excited. I came across a trailer they (unofficially) released over the weekend. It looks awesome. I'm so excited about Daniel Craig as Mikael Blomkvist, Stellan Skarsgard as Martin Vanger, Robin Wright as Erika Berger and Christopher Plummer as Henrik Vanger. Rooney Mara is cast as Lisbeth Salander. I'm not very familiar with the actress except for her role as Mark Zuckerberg's girlfriend, Erica Albright in The Social Network.

If you haven't see the leaked movie trailer yet, check it out below (it's not the best quality):



What do you think? I'm so excited. I heard it will be out by Christmas.







♥ Erin

1 comment:

tara said...

I loved this book and even watched the swedish movie! Hope the american movies are just as good!