Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Weekend Recap

Whew! What a weekend! We spent 4 wonderful days up in Pennsylvania celebrating 2 birthdays and a wedding. We left Virginia late Thursday night so we could have at least 3 full days up there to do everything. Friday night I celebrated my best friend Erin's birthday (yes, I have a best friend named Erin) with my 3 closest friends in the world and Erin's stepsister Jenelle. We went to a Hibachi restaurant and just enjoyed being together. Since I live far away the 4 of us are hardly all together unless it's a holiday or we plan something.


We told the waitress it was her birthday and she had to wear that silly hat, got a huge dessert, a mug and a picture with all of us. It was a good time.


On Saturday, we had the rehearsal dinner to go to. The food was great and the bridesmaids received some really cute gifts from the bride. I also got to spend some much needed time with our nephew as you can see below.



My favorite picture of the day.

Here are the wonderful gifts Grace gave us to thank us for being there on her special day:

We got these cute matching purses to go with our dresses along with a beautiful necklace and earring set to wear for the wedding.

Here's a close up of the earrings. I absolutely love the necklace, it's part of my everyday jewelry now.

Saturday night we celebrated my step mom's birthday (sorry, no pictures) and then just relaxed in preparation for the big day on Sunday.

For those of you who gave me their input on my post about what to choose for my hairstyle, thank you so much! I brought my choices to my hairstylist and she chose this one:

She chose this hairstyle because I needed my hair to stay for a long time and also be out of my face so I wouldn't touch it.

Here's how it turned out, she did something a little different with the back. Let me know how you like it.




Finally, here are some pictures from the wedding!





Tim and his brother walking their mom down the aisle. Doesn't she look great? Her dress was awesome!

Our turn down the aisle.



Their first dance.


Yes, Tim caught the garter. I ran from the bouquet.

And then Steph got put the garter on Tim!


So that was our weekend! We had so much fun celebrating with friends and family and getting to see Grace and Tim get married.

How was your weekend?






♥ Erin

1 comment:

Miss K said...

awww everyone looks so great! those are definitely great BM gifts, not only can you wear them day-of but that green purse will be a great pop of color w jeans and a cute top or dresses. and that necklace is so cute!! love it!
ps your nephew is freaking adorable