Friday, March 25, 2011

Product Review: Addicted to...Redken Refining Sea Polish


Redken recently came out with a new line of hair care products called Nature's Rescue. Last time I got my hair cut, my hair dresser gave me some samples to see if I liked it. I tried the Refreshing Detox Shampoo, Cooling Deep Conditioner and the Refining Sea Polish. I wasn't really a fan of the shampoo/conditioner, but I absolutely fell in love with the Sea Polish! My hairdresser described as an exfoliant for your scalp. Boy was she right!

It's like a rough paste that you apply to your scalp after shampooing. Not only does it help a dry scalp, but it removes buildup as well. I don't know about you guys, but my scalp is terrible in the winter. It can always use something to revitalize it during those cold winter months when your hair is just getting brutalized by the elements. They recommend to use this product a couple times a week, but I use it once a week (unless I've used a ton of product in my hair) and it does the trick! Now it's a little pricey ($19 for a 3.4 oz bottle), but it's about the same price as any Redken product. You don't need all that much to work with so I'm sure this little bottle will last you for a decent amount of time.

"Free of parabens, sulfates and silicones, Redken Nature's Rescue Line relies on the ocean's plant and marine extracts to deeply cleanse hair and restore its moisture while smoothing the cuticle. The line is based on a proprietary Sea Algea HydraComplex that contains sea algae and soy protein to protect and replenish hair, as well as, aloe vera to moisturize. The fragrance is reminiscent of an ocean breeze."

Bottom line, this is a great all natural product for your hair. Like I said earlier, the shampoo and conditioner didn't impress me. There wasn't anything that really stood out about it. I already use Redken products on my hair and I'm content with what I've got.

The only product in this line that I haven't tried is the Radiant Sea Spray which is a lightweight, multi-functional spray that has time-touch fragrance capsules which release bursts oceanic scent when hair is touched. I smelled the product at Ulta, but I haven't tried it. I feel like it would be the perfect spray for the summer time. I just don't know what its purpose is other than to make your hair smell like the beach. It's $17 at Ulta, and I'm not sure I can justify that purchase right now. Has anyone tried any of these products? What are some of your thoughts?

Note: I did a little searching online and you can find these products cheaper at places like Amazon and online cosmetic stores.

**This product was purchased by me with my own funds. This post is not sponsored by any person or company. All reviews are my own opinions and thoughts of the products.**




♥ Erin

2 comments:

Miss K said...

i was just thinking how i need to de-junkify my hair of all the product build-up, thanks for the review!

Jules said...

I've never heard of this before, but it sounds like a great product. I'm interested in the Radiant Sea Spray too, but would like to see if does more than make my hair smell nice.