Thursday, March 31, 2011

New AMC Drama: The Killing

I saw an advertisement last night for this new show on AMC called The Killing. I was immediately drawn into it after watching the preview! It looks sooooo good. I'm sure it's going to be a hit because AMC already has great shows like Mad Men and The Walking Dead. Has anyone seen a trailer for this? If you haven't, here's the full 4 minute trailer from the official website.



I totally watching this! It has some really great actors in it like Billy Campbell (Once & Again) and Michelle Forbes (True Blood). The story is is based on the Danish television series Forbrydelsen and tells the story of the murder of a young girl in Seattle and the subsequent police investigation.

The Killing ties together three distinct stories around a single murder including the detectives assigned to the case, the victim's grieving family, and the suspects. Set in Seattle, the story also explores local politics as it follows politicians connected to the case. As the series unfolds, it becomes clear that there are no accidents; everyone has a secret, and while the characters think they've moved on, their past isn't done with them.

Season one will consist of thirteen one-hour episodes and will debut with a 2 hour premiere on Sun., Apr. 3 at 9PM. I have already set my DVR! Make sure you go to the official website to read more about the show and watch some sneak peeks!

Speaking of The Walking Dead, I heard this was an awesome show and I've been meaning to put it on my Netflix queue. Has anyone seen this? Is it really that good?







♥ Erin

2 comments:

Miss K said...

i haven't heard of this show, but i'm so glad you posted about it! i love series like this, I'm going to dvr it when i get home

Chuck said...

Walking Dead... AWESOME!! If you like zombies and such.

Really really good, especially for a cable show (that isn't HBO, or skin-amax --which always kick ass with their programming).

ChuckRefreshed