Friday, March 4, 2011

Enchilada Casser-Ole!


I've told you guys time and time again that I have a problem. I always buy Taste of Home catalogs while I'm waiting in line at the grocery store. Last week I picked up the Comfort Food Diet edition since we're trying to knock off some of the extra winter weight we have. The foods in this catalog are so awesome, I can't believe how good they are for you and low in calories. The cover of the magazine I picked up had the recipe I'm going to talk about on the cover. It has a total of 357 calories and is so filling!



Ingredients:

1 lb. lean ground beef (90% lean)
1 large onion
2 cups salsa
1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
2 tbs. reduced-sodium taco seasoning
1/4 tsp. ground cumin
6 flour tortillas
3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
1 cup (4 oz.) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
1 cup shredded lettuce
1 medium tomato, chopped
1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro

In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the salsa, beans, dressing, taco seasoning and cumin. Place three tortillas in a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. layer with half of the meat mixture, sour cream and cheese. Repeat layers.

Cover and bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes before topping with the lettuce, tomato and cilantro.

*As always I omitted the beans (yuck) and also the sour cream because Tim hates it. I however love it so I added a small amount to my own dish after I separated it.








♥ Erin

2 comments:

Virginia Belle said...

This recipe looks and sounds delicious! I'm adding it to my recipe file as we speak, thanks for sharing!

Mel said...

Made this for dinner tonight... delish! thanks for the recipe!