Thursday, February 17, 2011

Vacation or Couch?

I posted this question on my facebook page yesterday just for the heck of it, and I think I got almost 20 responses from it. Pretty much everybody said vacation, even my friends that are always telling me to save, save, save. One of my friends said she read an article about people being happier spending more money on life experiences instead of material possessions.

So here's my dilemma. Tim and I would like a new couch/living room redecoration. The couches we have now are older than me. We are so very grateful to have gotten them from Tim's parents along with awesome slip covers for them, but we feel it's time to get something in there that's more us. Not only is it just the couch though. It's an ottoman, accent chair, lamps, rug and wall hanging. So there's a lot involved, and to be honest I really want it.


Our last BIG vaca was last year when I took Tim to the Dominican Republic for his 30th birthday. Since then, we said we wanted to travel more and to places outside the country. Well you really can't beat the deals at all lately. So we were looking into a shorter trip with a few other couples. Well I found a 5 day all inclusive trip to Cozumel with air included for under $500! I feel like it's my duty to plan this vacation because it's so ridiculously cheap.



Of course we would love to do both, but at this point it might be one or the other. So I now ask you my wonderful blog community...vacation or couch?



Don't forget to check out the right sidebar for all the current giveaways going on right now on some of my favorite blogs!




♥ Erin

5 comments:

Caroline said...

Ok, so, we had this dilemma too a few years back. But, we chose a 3 day trip to Miami and bought the couch as opposed to a longer, more expensive trip. Can you swing both if you do a short, mini-trip?

Miss K said...

GO TO COZUMEL!!! I've been there twice and it's one of my favorie vacation spots!! The bars are amazing, there's some that don't even have chairs, only hammocks and others that have swings for bar stools. the weather and water there is incredible and it was hands down the BEST vacation i ever had and i only spent one day there each time. i've been dying to go back and spend more time there. GOGOGOGOGOGOOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO!

Anonymous said...

Definetly the vacation! You can always get the couch later!

Kerr said...

vacation! I agree, spending money on experiences is better than material things!

Kristin said...

That is forever our dilemma...House stuff or vacation. Tough choice!