Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Twice-Baked Deviled Potatoes

I've been on such a cooking kick lately, I have another great one for you guys! I tried twice-baked potatoes the other night and they were awesome! This is another recipe I got from Taste of Home. I will say it's tough to cut out all the inside with out ruining the shell. The picture below was one of 2 that I made, the other didn't turn out as pretty. I'm happy at least one was good enough to take a picture of though! This is also a recipe with out sour cream which I was really interested in because I had only ever had them with sour cream in it. I figured this was perfect for us because Tim hates sour cream. I ended up adding some to mine, but even without it they were so tasty! Enjoy, and please let me know if you try this recipe!


Ingredients:

2 potatoes
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 cup real bacon bits
2 green onion, chopped
1 tsp Dijon mustard
dash paprika

Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 7-10 minutes or until tender, turning once. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell.

In a large bowl, mash the pulp with butter and milk. Stir in the cheese, bacon, onions, mustard and paprika. Spoon into the potato shells. Return to microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.





♥ Erin

1 comment:

Virginia Belle said...

This recipe sounds delicious! I can never say no to a meal that contains both bacon and cheese :)