Friday, February 11, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Wing Soup


I saw this recipe in one of my many Taste of Home magazines that I constantly grab at the supermarket. This recipe didn't even have a picture, but it had always caught my eye. I thought what the heck? What's the worst that could happen? I waste a pound of chicken and we order pizza. Because honestly this recipe could be really good or it could be really bad. Well I'm glad I took a chance. This is by far one of my favorite soups! Here's how to make it.

Ingredients:

6 cups milk
3 cans condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
3 cups shredded cooked chicken
1 cup sour cream
1/4-1/2 cup hot sauce (I used 1/2 cup, we like spicy things)

Combine all ingredients in a 5-qt. slow cooker. cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.

*Now, you know what I always say...every time I try a recipe for the first time, I do it exact. Even though this soup is great just the way it is, Tim and I were coming up with things to add to it. We thought about celery, onion, corn and carrots. Also, and I have to say I'm really excited to try this, I would love to add a can of Rotel tomatoes and chilies! I think it would add a little more spice and texture to it. If you do that, I would not put more than 1/2 cup of hot sauce in the soup. We ended up adding more individually to our bowls, but I'd rather add then not be able to eat the soup at all.



I already know of one girlfriend of mine that is making this soup this weekend. I hope a bunch of you get to use this recipe. Let me know how it goes! Have a great weekend guys, talk to you next week!





♥ Erin

No comments: