Thursday, January 20, 2011

Weekend Recap

Yeah yeah, I know it's Thursday, but I wasn't thinking when I was blogging earlier in the week. :)
This was a 3 day weekend for me. I really needed the extra day, there was so much to do around my house. So most of the weekend was dedicated to cleaning and straightening up the house, but we also shopped (hence all my clothes posts this week).

On Saturday we went to our last Christmas party of the season. Early last month a bunch of us decided to get together after the holidays when things calmed down a little more. I didn't take a whole bunch of pictures, I was mostly concentrating on the food because it was amazing! I'm sick of making the same stuff all the time (even though everyone always asks for them) so lately I've been trying some new things; sometimes I like it and sometimes I don't. For the party I made crab dip (a recipe that I got from my friend Lauren) and it was awesome. It was so awesome I couldn't wait to eat it and forgot to take a picture of it before everyone starting digging in. This is what I have, sorry!

Here's the recipe:

8 oz. cream cheese
8 oz. mayo
8 oz. sour cream
16 oz. can of crab meat
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together; bake at 425 degrees until bubbly. Top with additional shredded cheese before placing in oven if desired.

So some of the other foods we had were...

Our hostess with the mostest, Manmeet, made our entree which was a bacon explosion. Yep, I said bacon explosion. This is what it looked like:


Along with the bacon explosion we had homemade scalloped potatoes (made by Mel), biscuits, spinach salad with bacon, goat cheese, apples and clementines in a vinaigrette, and pasta salad (made by Jez). Let me know if I forgot something guys!

For dessert, we had a wonderful homemade Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake (made by Wendy):

It was soooo good, we ate it with homemade peanut butter cup ice cream!

We also tried "The Largest Gummi Bear in the World"! This is what it looked like before we ate half of it!


Did you guys have a fun long weekend?





♥ Erin

2 comments:

Miss K said...

all that food looks bomb!!

Caroline said...

Tell me how to make the largest gummi bear. They're my weakness.