Thursday, January 13, 2011

Ulta, Jasmine La Belle & Cover Girl Makeup Reviews

A little while ago (see post) I purchased a bunch of makeup from Ulta. I don't really like doing makeup reviews, but I figure it can't hurt to do them every once in a while. Plus I have to admit, I was running out of ideas for this week. So I have a few pictures for my review, but I'll spare you and only do one product with a picture. (Please note that the pictures below were taken a day before my eyebrow appointment. Usually my eyebrows are more under control!)

First up...

Cover Girl Smoky Shadow Blast in Bronze Fire

I've read a lot of reviews about this product and they were not good. All of the reviews said that the product will fade quickly, but to prolong it you should also cover it with a matching shadow. So that's what I did in this picture and I have to say I really liked the look. This was right after I put it on.


Unfortunately, this was what it looked like 3 hours later. From a distance, it still looked fine, but up close it wasn't very flattering. The product actually never dries and it did weigh my lids down as well. I also didn't use a primer, but from what I read in other reviews it didn't matter anyway. So bottom line: it's not a quick application, but if you only need the makeup to last a couple hours it would be fine. Unfortunately I asked for two of the other colors, silver sky and onyx smoke, so I'll probably use them as accents but not by themselves.


Next...

I was disappointed by this Jasmine La Belle eyeshadow kit. None of the colors showed up at all like I thought they would. They were so light. I ended up returning this to Ulta.

I was also very disappointed by the two Ulta Baked eye shadows as well. They were just not what I expected and I ended up returning these. Thank you to Ulta for having an awesome return policy. I would waste so much money if I kept everything I didn't like. By the way, I use it once and return it. I don't use most of it and then return it, I'm not one of those people. :)
However the other eyeshadow pictured here,Glam Eyes by Rimmel, I fell in love with! It stays put, it's bold and they have great colors. I can't wait to pick up more of them.
As far as the Falsies mascara by Maybelline goes, I fell in love with that too. That's the mascara I wear when I'm going out. It makes my lashes so long and thick, they almost look fake!


Have any of you used these products? What did you think?

So for Christmas I got a ton of Sephora and Ulta gift cards and I'm chomping at the bit to use them. Here's what's on my wish list:

Stilla Stunning Starlet Palette

Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin

Urban Decay Naked Palette

Kat Von D shadow brushes


Don't forget to enter my giveaway! You have until Saturday at midnight! Click here!



♥ Erin

4 comments:

Christina said...

Looove the Urban Decay primer. I use it almost everyday. It's the best.

Miss K said...

I hate Ulta shadows, they totally blow. i didn't know i could return them, it's been way too long for me to do that now though. bummer! good to know that i can do it in the future though!

i'm dying for that naked palette, sephora had it in last week online and i didn't buy it and not i'm kicking myself in the butt bc they're out again.

Marisa said...

ok, love sephora by the way.. i have urban decay, kat von d and too faced shadow insurance. right not im leaning towards too face and the spehora 5 in 1 is a good deal. but the naked by UD is supposed to be good but sold out everywhere. and smashbox o-glow is awesome too try it!

Jules said...

I love beauty reviews, so thanks for posting this! I think I’ll skip the CG Smoky Shadow Blast. I haven’t heard very good things about it either. It did look really pretty at first and your eyes look so wide and bright in the pic of you wearing it.

I’ve never heard of the Jasmine La Belle products or have tried Ulta’s Baked Shadows. I’ll be skipping those too. Thanks for the honest review.

The Falsie Mascara sounds great. I might have to pick that up!

Stila palettes are awesome! Sephora has these cute little $10 Stila palettes that are amazing for the price. It has 4 shadows and 1 convertible color. I also use the Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin and it’s my favorite primer. The little bit of shimmer that it gives off is so nice. The Naked Palette is also amazing. I searched high and low for it a few months back and finally got my hands on one. You will love it.