Friday, January 21, 2011

Spartacus is back tonight!


For those of you that are new to my blog, I have a few TV obsessions. One of which is Spartacus that premiered on Starz last year. I knew so many people who got into it. It's really gory, got a lot of nudity and tons of violence. If anyone watched HBO's Rome, I would equate it to that because of the shows portrayal of the time period. It's what my dad would call his type of show. Anyway, the show is back starting tonight for just a teaser 6 episode prequel titled Spartacus: God of the Arena. Andy Whitfield who plays the role of Spartacus was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma after the first season aired. They held off production, he went into remission and started training for the second season. In the meantime, Starz decided to make a prequel to tide fans over and also give some background info to things that had already happened. Then Andy officially backed out of the show because his cancer had returned. Well they have finally replaced him. I'm super sad about it, I was hoping he'd beat cancer and return to an awesome show. However, things never work out as planned. So the network hired Australian actor Liam McIntyre to take his spot.


Andy Whitfield is on the left and the new guy is on the right. Not a bad choice. I think they look alike, but I'll have to see this guy act. Anyway, I'm excited to see the new prequel even if it is only 6 episodes. Then I'll have to wait another freaking year for the second season. I did get season 1 on DVD for Christmas to hold me over!

Does anyone else watch this show? Ladies let me tell you this show kills two birds with one stone. You get to watch hot, half naked men run around and at the same time it pleases your beau because there are also hot, half naked women running around as well. Not to mention it satisfies their need to see blood, guts and violence all at the same time. I highly recommend this show!


The great thing about the prequel is that you don't need to see season 1 to watch, you can just jump right in. Once you watch I know you'll be hooked. Let me know if you want to borrow my season 1 on DVD!



♥ Erin

No comments: