Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Paula Deen's Gooey Butter Cake

Last week I read about this fantastic recipe from Sarah at Sweet Carolina Girl. It totally caught my eye and I knew I HAD to make it. I love adding new things to my cooking repertoire! This was an amazing recipe! Paula Deen can do no wrong! I just love her.

I recommend this to everyone. It's not healthy at all, but that's why we make these things! It was super easy and it's now on my list of fave desserts to make.

Cake:
18 1/4 oz. pkg. yellow cake mix
1 egg
8 tbs. butter, melted
Filling:
8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
8 tbs. butter, melted
16 oz. box powdered sugar

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine cake mix, egg and butter. Pat mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 13x9 pan. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the eggs, vanilla and butter; beat together. Add powdered sugar and mix well. Spread over cake batter and back for 40-50 minutes. Do not over bake, topping is supposed to be gooey.
*I ended up baking it for only 30 minutes, I have a gas oven.

This is what it looks like pre-bake. When you press cake into dish, you have to make it like a crust; don't press it down completely flat.

This is after it was baked, yumm!

The final product!






♥ Erin

2 comments:

Sweet Carolina Girl said...

Yay i am so glad you tried it & loved it!

Miss K said...

that looks incredible. mmmmmm so yummy!